Thread: help setting chip breaker

help setting chip breaker

I need help with my CX15SC which is the same machine as the Grizzly GO453Z and it is with the chip breaker. Have a look at the 2 photos and tell me where the set screws are positioned on the shaft. The pictures are taken from the belt side. It says 40000 below bcd of the knives. I can get it there but then the guard and dust hood will not go back on.If I move the position of the chip breaker so the dust hood fits and then the chip breaker is way out of whack.

head 2.JPGhead one.JPG .
    thank you
    Al

Are you sure you're measuring .040 and not .40 or .004? If your measurements are correct, I'd be on the phone to Craftex.

David I believe it is 40,000. On a dial indicator I took it to the mark that says 40. That is 40,000 correct?

0.040" or 40 thousandths. I have never seen any machinist express it as 40,000

Sorry Rick I am not a machinist. I am a hobby wood worker. Is 0.040 the same as 40 thousandths. I am Just assuming that on my dial indicator it goes from 1 to 10 around the dial and there are 10 small lines between each number. So when the indicator is on the 4 it would be 40 thou. Is this correct
    indicator.jpg