Thread: Bandsaw table and fence system

Bandsaw table and fence system

Thinking of building a add-on bandsaw table and fence system. Looking for a system that supports resawing (sturdy tall fence) that is adjustable for blade drift, circle cutting capabilities, etc. I have done some initial searching and thought of getting some ideas from folks that have built and used a DIY system. suggestion appreciated....

Charlie kapper

I have recommended this fence many times in the past and almost all of those who followed this youtube video to build it responded positively,it is very simple to make yet extremely accurate, may not do all the features you would want/expect but it can be tweaked easily;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpbwH9510MY

Charlie, what kind of bandsaw do you have presently?

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Quote Originally Posted by charlie kapper View Post
    Thinking of building a add-on bandsaw table and fence system. Looking for a system that supports resawing (sturdy tall fence) that is adjustable for blade drift, circle cutting capabilities, etc. I have done some initial searching and thought of getting some ideas from folks that have built and used a DIY system. suggestion appreciated....

Charlie kapper
    Excellent video, thanks!
    ###
    I have no idea what I did wrong, but as long as I don't do what I did, I'll be good to go.

I have a Laguna 16" Meber... not the 16HD (shame on me). I am living the buy high (cry once), buy low (cry every time I use it).

Quote Originally Posted by charlie kapper View Post
    I have a Laguna 16" Meber... not the 16HD (shame on me). I am living the buy high (cry once), buy low (cry every time I use it).
    Meber's a good saw. Minimax USA used to sell that same machine as the "S16". Do you still have the cast iron fence?

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Quote Originally Posted by ken masoumi View Post
    I have recommended this fence many times in the past and almost all of those who followed this youtube video to build it responded positively,it is very simple to make yet extremely accurate, may not do all the features you would want/expect but it can be tweaked easily;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpbwH9510MY
    That is clever.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Thien View Post
    That is clever.

Yeah, wish I have thought of that.
    David
    Confidence: That feeling you get before fully understanding a situation (Anonymous)

Eric, no I don't... looking for plans to build a larger table with an adjustable resaw fence and other attachments

I have seen many home-built bandsaw fences that were simply clamped on the table. Make a L-shaped plywood arrangement with stiffening blocks glued to the back side, clamp to the table and away you go. Build it tall enough to fully support the stock as you are feeding it past the blade.