View Poll Results: Are any Contributors interested in a new Sawyer (milling/drying) Forum?

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

71 76.34%
  • No

22 23.66%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sawyer (milling/drying) Forum?

Let's see if a slight change in the poll and thread title will get 2 more. Fingers crossed.
    Last edited by Glenn Clabo; 07-09-2015 at 5:37 PM.
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Barry View Post
    I am interested in the sawing topics and support the idea of adding a new forum for them. I do wonder why someone would actually vote NO on this question.
    Agree...maybe they didn't understand that we were just looking for 50 contributors/supporters? If they aren't interested they don't have to participate.
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

We have to be close $ wise with some of the larger donations I would think. I'm just saying......

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Edgerton View Post
    We have to be close $ wise with some of the larger donations I would think. I'm just saying......

Larry
    I will use all my influence (none) and charm (less) to convince the boss we should kick this off. But let's try to meet his number?
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

The question now is whether you guys prefer a Forum for Contributors or would you rather have it open to all Members? A Contributors Forum will provide you with privacy, they cannot be accessed by the search engines.

I'm thinking an open forum. Perhaps the information provided will inspire members to become contributors. Also, the more active, the more likely it is to attract sponsors...mills and related tool/equip mfg's. I see them sponsoring the other sawing/drying sites I visit.
    Cody

Logmaster LM-1 sawmill, 30 hp Kioti tractor w/ FEL, Stihl 290 chainsaw, 300 bf cap. Solar Kiln

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Colston View Post
    I'm thinking an open forum. Perhaps the information provided will inspire members to become contributors. Also, the more active, the more likely it is to attract sponsors...mills and related tool/equip mfg's. I see them sponsoring the other sawing/drying sites I visit.

What he said..........

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    The question now is whether you guys prefer a Forum for Contributors or would you rather have it open to all Members? A Contributors Forum will provide you with privacy, they cannot be accessed by the search engines.
    i understand your reasoning Keith but I think an open forum will be best. As it develops we can make sure that participants will know it takes money to keep the lights on.
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

I'm in. Just paid via PayPal.
    I think this is a great idea & many will enjoy & learn from it. Good on you Cody for suggesting this!!!
    I also think the subject matter should include how to "fixture up", etc. raw wood (limbs/small tree sections) for resawing into planks, etc. for the hobbyist woodworker.

Opted in for another 20 myself

No particular interest in milling but upped this years contribution cuz I find SMC worth more than 6 bucks a year. Just some of the off topic threads are worth that much in laughs. "shuddered like a wombat was going through it" comes to mind. Still laugh about that image Phil
    My three favorite things are the Oxford comma, irony and missed opportunities

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson

Well, I wouldn't want to be left out of this exclusive group, I'll participate too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hogard View Post
    Well, I wouldn't want to be left out of this exclusive group, I'll participate too.
    There goes the neighborhood! <grin>

Glad to see you onboard Tom! You ought to write an intro and post some pix of your milling operation when you have time.

Just to confuse things I have stuck this thread. As soon as Keith sets the forum up I'll move it there. Please add a "wish list" of things you would like to see on this forum. Articles...equipment...title of the forum...all that stuff. I'll try to keep it as organized as possible so as not to let it get out of hand but...Because it will be an open forum we have to be careful about the SMC rules...but let's make this as dynamic as possible. OKAY?
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

Glenn, I'd like to thank you for your assistance in making this forum a reality. It is very much appreciated. To all the contributors who pitched in and supported the idea I also thank you.

To the twenty (so far) who have no interest in such a forum, drop by when it gets going. Perhaps there will be something there after all to interest you.
    Cody

Logmaster LM-1 sawmill, 30 hp Kioti tractor w/ FEL, Stihl 290 chainsaw, 300 bf cap. Solar Kiln