Thread: Router Table Modifications

Router Table Modifications

I have a Jessem Router table with the Jessem Mast-R-Fence II and Mast-R-Slide. The more I use it, the more I wish that I had the ability to make fine adjustments similar to what I could make with the Woodpecker Router Fence Micro Adjust. I'm wondering if anyone has made modifications to their Jessem table to enable this type of very fine adjustment?

I have the same lift, table, slider and fence, what a great setup.

Here is what I made for the table and it works very well, I leave one on the table most of the time, I have found that I don't really need one at each end of the table. I can use it as a micro adjuster or as a stop.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...t=micro+adjust

I have made some mods to it after this post and his is a link to what I have done.

http://www.pbase.com/wlhuber/micro_adjuster

It works very well and is easy to adjust.

Used as a Micro Adjuster.jpg Used as a stop.jpg

Thanks for this. I note that your micro adjuster is attached on one side of the fence only and I wonder how your setup makes the fence move accurately on both sides. My fence doesn't seem to slide evenly and with an adjuster located only on one side it would almost certainly move as desired only on the side with the adjuster. Could this indicate a problem with my fence is this a problem with which I don't need to be concerned. Perhaps the teflon(?) tape on the bottom of the fence needs to be replaced? Thanks very much for your assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Herb Smith View Post
    Thanks for this. I note that your micro adjuster is attached on one side of the fence only and I wonder how your setup makes the fence move accurately on both sides. My fence doesn't seem to slide evenly and with an adjuster located only on one side it would almost certainly move as desired only on the side with the adjuster. Could this indicate a problem with my fence is this a problem with which I don't need to be concerned. Perhaps the teflon(?) tape on the bottom of the fence needs to be replaced? Thanks very much for your assistance.
    It doesn't have to move on both sides, when you lock one end down and then adjust the other end with the micro adjuster it will move the fence in or out as you need it to.
    We are talking about micro adjustments, not the main set up.