Thread: Griz G0569 - 24" Bandsaw - Anybody have experience?

Griz G0569 - 24" Bandsaw - Anybody have experience?

Just looking at this saw tonight: G0569 and wasn't able to find many reviews or if anybody had any experience. Just wanted to know what you guys think and if their is another heavy duty saw that you think would be better.

You have 3 phase in your shop?
    Last edited by Jeff Ramsey; 07-21-2015 at 9:42 AM.

Chris,

It's impossible to say what might be "better" for you unless you tell us what your primary use for the saw is.

The main pluses of this saw are: 24" of course (if you really need 5300 FPM and larger blades) 7.5 HP, IF YOU ACTUALLY NEED IT, rubber tires, (less dust pickup) and a large table.

Even in the Grizzly line, there are less expensive saws that actually offer more to the small shop or hobbyist. You can get the same resaw height for $100 less in the G0636XB, but have some important nicer features such as an electronic brake. - if you can live with "only" 5 horsepower, a smaller table, and urethane tires. - Or spend $200 more for their 19" ultimate, which for a non-production shop is a much nicer saw.

I have the G0531B 21" Industrial, which is the little brother to the saw you are asking about. I doubt there's a better saw available for the money. I love the big table and the electric brake. I've only been using it a very short time, but I am very impressed overall. All the adjustments are smooth and solid. The trunnion is reasonably beefy, the wheels are heavy & well balanced, the bearings are reasonably easy to adjust.

The only things I don't like:

The stock urethane tires are horrible, but yours has rubber tires so no worries.

The stock belts are stiff, combines with a very small motor pulley. This makes it hard (not impossible) to adjust for minimal vibration. I plan on switching to Ax belts soon.

"Only" 14.5" of resaw height. That's probably all I need, but by today's standards, that's not a lot in a 21" saw. Still, for the price it's impossible to complain. This is a CRAZY lot of saw for the money.