Thread: Jet Jwcs-10 arbor spinning.

Jet Jwcs-10 arbor spinning.

Hi, I have a Jet jwcs-10 table saw. At when I raise the blade to the top position and lock the knob down. The blade doesn't move but the flange and arbor continue to move. If I go into the highest position on the hand wheel, I can keep going and make it jump the gears. Do these gears need to be adjusted ? If so how?

Quote Originally Posted by John russo View Post
    Hi, I have a Jet jwcs-10 table saw. At when I raise the blade to the top position and lock the knob down. The blade doesn't move but the flange and arbor continue to move. If I go into the highest position on the hand wheel, I can keep going and make it jump the gears. Do these gears need to be adjusted ? If so how?
    Have you cleaned the trunnion gears? It sounds like they may be completely packed up with gunk.

Yea there was a lot of gunk in there . I cleaned that up. I think I might have discovered what was happening is that there was a Teflon freudblade that was making the arbor spin( there's not two nuts on there to put the blade on. So I scuffed it up and it seems to tighten up enough. And a non Teflon blade gets pretty tight. You just get can't over tighten.From what I understand on a table saw they even lock down Alitalia more as you're using them.