Thread: Problem Engraving Ceramic Campfire Mugs

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Problem Engraving Ceramic Campfire Mugs

I am having a very hard time getting through the depth of the campfire mugs offered by discountmugs.com. I originally told my customer I could do this only because discountmugs offers laser engraving as an option for those mugs. I even called them to verify when they run these for customers they are doing it with a laser engraver... but of course they would not offer their settings

Anyway, has anyone else worked with these mugs? It is this one: https://www.discountmugs.com/product...o-coffee-mugs/

And I've attached the most recent photo of how they are coming out. I've been willy-nilly throwing different settings at this, starting out with lighter multiple passes to break through. And at the end, this was still with 100% power, speed of 10, and 1000 dpi and 1000 ppi. The photo is a little blurry so the engraving looks out of focus worse, but it definitely doesn't look good.

I'm running a second mug. I have no problem doing multiple passes, but the troubleshooting is horrible and I don't now what angle I'm going. I've even tried changing the focus to closer to help when the depth changes (maybe I shouldn't worry about that???)

ANY help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thank you all so much!
    Tracey
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ULS V-Class 50 Watt, Corel x3, AutoCAD LT '02, NEWBIE!