Thread: Hettich Quadro vs Blum 563

Hettich Quadro vs Blum 563

Has anyone used both of these drawer slides? If so, do you have a preference. I've used the Blums and liked them but have heard good things about the Hettich as well.
    Any input would be appreciated.

The slides are pretty similar. Blum's fixing clips are nicer. They have a real positive clipping action. Hettich's are just flexible pieces of plastic. But more important, Blum has a variety of clips. For instance, they have clips designed for inset drawers. They let you adjust the position of the in-stop. Blum also has clips for very narrow drawers.

they are very similar and both high quality. the deciding factor for me is what are you comfortable with, and which jigs do you have lying around? i am "tied" to blum because i have spare parts, i have the drilling templates, drawers full of blum stuff, and i effectively memorized the catalogs. if i was to start from scratch at this point, i'd seriously consider hettich as the price point seems slightly lower. i think that ultimately you can't go wrong either way.

Hettich actually have two different front fixing clips for 1/2" & 5/8 thickness drawer material. Be sure to buy the correct ones, can be maddening otherwise.

The Blum clips are a lot nicer and the Quadros can be annoying to install but I don't think Blum are worth 2x the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Kelly View Post
    ..but I don't think Blum are worth 2x the price...
    The price difference is not that big. To pick one retailer, wwhardware.com, the prices for 21" full extension with softclose, including basic fixing clips... Quadro $26.36, Blum 536H $28.66.

21" Quadros are less than $17 / pr at CS Hardware. I think the clips are $1 or so per set.

http://www.cshardware.com/h-9134329.html

i'm paying about $18 a pair for the 563 series blums. the inset adjustable clips are a little more than the regulars, about ~$4 per set.

Quote Originally Posted by David Zaret View Post
    i'm paying about $18 a pair for the 563 series blums. the inset adjustable clips are a little more than the regulars, about ~$4 per set.
    David, where are you sourcing the Blums.

$18 is a great price for Tandems.

Similar in function and quality BUT, one is a plastic roller slide and the other is a ball bearing slide. The Hettich has been around for decades longer. FWIW worth more than a cursory examination.

Blum sells well for me, I'm not overly concerned about finding a cheaper slide. It just gets passed onto the customer. I've also never had a failure with a 562/563 and like has been already mentioned, I've got all the jigs and half the catalog in the supply cabinet.

Thanks for all the feedback. I didn't see an option for 3/4" drawers for the Hettich so I may be limited to the Blums after all.

my pricing for the slides are a combination of a local guy i know who buys them in massive quantity and passes on his price to me, and from richelieu.

ken, just curious, why 3/4" drawers? this is purely personal opinion, but i've always found that 3/4" sides look really bulky to me, and aren't needed for strength, even on the heaviest drawers. what do others do for drawer side thickness?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Krawford View Post
    Thanks for all the feedback. I didn't see an option for 3/4" drawers for the Hettich so I may be limited to the Blums after all.
    Hettich does have a 7/8 extension slide which will handle 3/4" drawers sides. http://www.wwhardware.com/hettich-qu...faq-3-4-slides

These drawers are going to be for a kitchen island and will be approx. 30x21. I've always used 1/2" stock in the past but worry about strength on drawers this big. Maybe 5/8 would do.

Quote Originally Posted by David Zaret View Post
    my pricing for the slides are a combination of a local guy i know who buys them in massive quantity and passes on his price to me, and from richelieu.

ken, just curious, why 3/4" drawers? this is purely personal opinion, but i've always found that 3/4" sides look really bulky to me, and aren't needed for strength, even on the heaviest drawers. what do others do for drawer side thickness?