Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This is REPOST question

Wow Kev

The screen shot that showed what happens is exactly what happened. Will study your solution and give it whirl. I bet the fix works.

BTW Control C is copy isn't it?

Thank you for your help. I will let you know, this weekend. Not tonight though tonight is Date Night with my wife of 34 years. We haven't missed many. Redefined the definition a few times. This works for us.

Roy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Roy Sanders
    Knot to Pen Custom Turned Pens

Platte City, Missouri. USA

CorelDraw x 6
    CorelLaser
    LaserDrw
    Nice-Cut NC-4040 Tabletop Laser 40W

12" Craftsman Table Saw
    12" Craftsman Band Saw
    Craftsman Scroll Saws
    DeWalt Thickness Planer
    !0" Wood Lathe
    Vacuum Chamber
    Pressure Pot

I will save this to an older x suite and repost. Maybe you will find a better way to get the graphic rastered. I inverted the original

Roy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Roy Sanders

CorelDraw x 6
    CorelLaser
    LaserDrw

12" Craftsman Table Saw
    12" Craftsman Band Saw
    Craftsman Scroll Saws
    DeWalt Thickness Planer
    !0" Wood Lathe
    Vacuum Chamber
    Pressure Pot

Great explanation Kev.

I imagine you could make the box the size of the table and leave it as a template
    for all future work. Everything would align to the box. You are a genius.

Gozzie
    Last edited by Ron Gosnell; 07-31-2015 at 10:13 PM.
    Thunder Laser MARS 90 (130 watt)
    RD Works V8
    1 Phillips Screwdriver
    1 Straight Edge
    1 Hammer
    1 Dull Chisel
    1 Pencil Sharpener (manually operated)

Ron, that's exactly it- but I'm hardly a genius!

If I may further elaborate (if not, stop reading! )---

First pic is a screen shot of my basic Triumph layout in Corel. The job is one of the ski-lift operator panels I build. (the main reason I bought this machine is because I build a lot of these, and they're too big for the LS900)
    Note the 30% gray border. Note the guidelines- I have several shims made from various materials that act as my common stops in the machine. The guidelines are the edges of the shims, depending on their arrangement. This setup changes from time to time, this is my current one.

These panels have blind Pem studs I have to insert in the back, and I have to machine bosses for them. So the panels are machined upside-down on my IS7000. This means face-up, the common 0/0 corner is the top RIGHT corner of the panel. So I don't have to adjust for every next panel because one panel may be .02" different than the next, the top-right 0/0 is constant to all the panels I make. Once one panel is zeroed in, all the next ones will be too...

Notice all the holes and other non-text/graphic items I've also outlined as 30% black.

2nd pic below, is this layout exported to the PHCad laser software:

The job is placed exactly in the same postion as it was in Corel. The only way anything can move is if I move it myself.
    Notice the "layer" area, only 3 colors imported, the gray, the black that will raster and the red that will vector.

Below is the same screen, with the gray layer un-checked...

---So now, all of the holes and plate border are still there, they're just invisible and removed from the editing and engraving process. Now I just run the job,
    and setup the next panel in Corel to do after this one is done. I never have to wonder where anything is located once I know where my 0/0 starting point
    is in the laser. As long as it's correct in Corel, it'll be correct in the machine...
    Last edited by Kev Williams; 08-01-2015 at 11:36 AM.
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Thank you Kev for writing such a detailed and informative article. I added this to my favorites.
    I just learned a new bag of tricks. Thank you

Gozzie
    Thunder Laser MARS 90 (130 watt)
    RD Works V8
    1 Phillips Screwdriver
    1 Straight Edge
    1 Hammer
    1 Dull Chisel
    1 Pencil Sharpener (manually operated)

I'll end this with "there's probably a way to fix this problem in the laser software", like in this pic.

These settings, 'machine zero position' and 'laser head relative position' likely will take care of alignment issues, as long as you figure out what does what!
    But as for me, when I got this machine, I needed to use it badly, and the learning curve for backlash adjustments, power & speed settings and all that
    were eating up enough of my time! I just came up with a workaround that works for me...

I've noticed most Chinese laser software is somewhat similar, I'm sure there are setting preference choices like
    these in all of them...

Last edited by Kev Williams; 08-01-2015 at 1:21 PM.
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Wow, again.

I am happy that I asked the question. Not only did I get the answer that helped me, it seems others benefited too. Thank you all who weighed in. Kev, your help was very enlightening and though Bert and others had the point and click answers, yours showed how work around can help
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Roy Sanders

CorelDraw x 6
    CorelLaser
    LaserDrw

12" Craftsman Table Saw
    12" Craftsman Band Saw
    Craftsman Scroll Saws
    DeWalt Thickness Planer