Thread: Grizzly G0440 dustbin vacuum for liner hold-down, does it work?

Grizzly G0440 dustbin vacuum for liner hold-down, does it work?

I did an archive search for this and found only one thread reference and no comments on its performance. At the risk of being redundant, does the Cyclone vacuum tube and hose attachment in fact equalize the pressure between the cyclone and dust bin units sufficient to keep the bag from being sucked up into the cyclone? Has anyone modified their existing cyclones to try this out? Parenthetically, I don't see other manufacturers jumping on board with this feature which makes me wonder about whether it works or not.

I have no personal experience, but I do have some observations. I did a lot of research into the Laguna/King Canada/JDS cyclone machines (all made in the same factory, from what I could determine). I did not find any comments/reviews/anecdotes that spoke to this feature at all. I finally purchased the 3hp King Canada version. Guess what? The vacuum hose was taken out and a metal frame was substituted to hold the bag. I found the frame to be quite inefficient. The bag ballooned inwards all round.
    I do not know if the vacuum hose was taken out of the construction to save money or because it was not effective. I suspect it was to cut costs. One drawback I see is that the hose connection would make removal of the dust bin from the machine problematic.

Maybe I don't understand your question but there is positive pressure on the filter and the bag beneath it. The bag actually inflates.

Works great on the 441.

The cyclone and dustbin are continuous but a liner for the dustbin inevitably gets sucked up into the cyclone without a holder to keep it in place. Grizzly has this 1.5" vacuum hose that connects the cyclone and the dustbin behind the bin liner and ostensibly keeps the bag from getting pulled up into the cyclone. This does not make sense to me and a call to Grizzly could not explain it any further. I have given up on bag liners but this caught my eye and hope springs eternal. But given the kind of aggressive feature wars between these companies I was surprised everybody and their brother was not imitating Grizzly. Adding a 1.5" vacuum tube to an existing cyclone/dustbin is a negligible experiment. However, if there is no face validity or rationale, why bother.

Bruce
    I have the GO 443 11/2 HP unit with the vacuum tube on it seems to work ok the bag stays in place
    and I like the dust collector seems well made with a nice fit and finish I believe the 440 is just a bigger version no other changes
    Lawrence

Cool beans. I need to set up my cyclone and will experiment with a vacuum line. Thanx all for the input.