Attachment 318877I bought a Stanley #62 plane to use for thinning guitar and Uke lumber to specs ( 4 mm, more or less). The blade was nice and sharp and worked well until it became dull.
I decided to sharpen the blade. I’m traveling in an RV and don't have a grinder. I tried using sandpaper and stones and it turned out to be too difficult, plus it took the hollow grind away. So I purchased a special slow speed, water cooled sharpening grinder. I’ve done everything the manual says to do but I’m ending up with a skewed blade. The grinder is a Grizzly model T100097. It came with a universal grinding jig. I set the blade in the jig so it was at a 90-degree angle to the fixture. I mounted the 2” blade in the fixture, squared it up, set the grinding angle to 25-degrees and proceeded to grind. I’m getting a skewed grind and can’t figure it out. I think everything is square in the setup, so perhaps I need to use a specific procedure for grinding, e.g. start only from one side of the blade, sweep it across and repeat. I dunno. Need input.