Thread: User Tip of The Week

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)

User Tip of The Week

I periodically edit posts and correct simple things like spelling, vB codes, inoperative links, etc as part of my moderating chores. It dawned on me today that some posters may not be aware of the fact:

Any member can “edit” his or her own posts. If you post a message and discover a need to correct spelling, add a picture attachment, change the general content of the post, etc, etc simply click the “Edit” button at the bottom of your post, make the changes desired and click “Save Changes”.
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.

Also if you are sensitive about your poor spelling you can download this program & use it to check your spelling when you post to any forum.

http://www.iespell.com/
    I usually find it much easier to be wrong once in while than to try to be perfect.

My web page has a pop up. It is a free site, just close the pop up on the right side of the screen

Boy, am I glad that feature is there. When I went to high school only girls took typing so I hunt and peck. Although I typed a lot of research papers in college with no problems, I am mucho out of practive. Can't believe the errors I make now.
    What you do today determines what you can do tomorrow.

Talking Better than a new table saw?

Bart, This tip is worth a thousand words! I just downloaded it and tired it. I think of how many times I have reedited by text and still missed misspelled words. THANKS.
    If sawdust were gold, I'd be rich!

Byron Trantham
    Fredericksburg, VA
    WUD WKR1

I don't know Ken

While I appreciate your efforts, I abhor orthodoxy in spelling, it's just not creative. Harken back to days of yore when small effort was made to conform and all readers had the joy of trying to decipher the writer's true meaning. ;-))

Obviously I don't have enough to do today.
    Dave Anderson

Chester, NH

So Bryon

You say .... "This tip is worth a thousand words! I just downloaded it and tired it." Hmmm must not have been this post you tried it on.
    I usually find it much easier to be wrong once in while than to try to be perfect.

My web page has a pop up. It is a free site, just close the pop up on the right side of the screen

Color Me RED

Boy, did you get me! I was so happy about the tool, I forgot to use it.
    If sawdust were gold, I'd be rich!

Byron Trantham
    Fredericksburg, VA
    WUD WKR1

The problem with spellcheckers is that if a word is misspelled and forms a real word, it doesn't catch it. I also find that even when proofreading, my brain knows what I meant to say and interprets as such, negating my proofreading efforts.

Originally posted by Gary Bindel
    The problem with spell-checkers is that if a word is misspelled and forms a real word, it doesn't catch it. I also find that even when proofreading, my brain knows what I meant to say and interprets as such, negating my proofreading efforts.
    I can understand that Gary I usually need to carefully read a long post at least 3 times.

You'll notice the spell-checker changed you way of spelling spell-checker.