Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: After The Surgery....

After The Surgery....

Well the surgery was done on Friday morning and I got to come home Friday afternoon. I was glad to get it done after 2 -3 attacks a week lately. All week long it was a battle to gain control of my blood pressure so they could do the surgery. The doc was able to do the Laproscopy (sp?) and remove the gallbladder that way. I don't do pain medication well, I just don't like them so have gone without which has made for a little more pain. Belly button and stomache is real sore.

Got the week off to rest and relax. I spent the last 2 awake hours building a new wooodworking website for myself. Please stop by and sign the guestbook. It's a little lean for now.. but has given me something to do. When I start feeling like I can comfortably move around the tablesaw I plan on installing that new splitter, but jabbing myself with the rails etc. is something i want to avoid!

Anyway, check out the website at the link in my profile if you have a mind to. Now I think I will lay down...again!

Corey

Congratulations Corey. Don't push it....'course you already know that I'm sure. Congratulations on the website too!
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson

Get well soon, hang in there!

Richard

Hey Cory, glad it's working out OK. I think that before you head out to the shop when you get to feeling that uncontrollable Urge, maybe you'd better Borrow some neighbor Kid's "Baseball Catchers Padding" to protect that "Tummy", .......Just in Case some of those Tool Rails start moving around in there, and.....................
    "Some Mistakes provide Too many Learning Opportunities to Make only Once".

'Glad you're on the mend, Cory. I remember back a number of years when I was in the same position with the same problem. The surgery was "just the ticket"...'glad I had it done.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Hey Corey. Take it easy and get to feeling better. Good to hear everything is ok.

Bernie

Hi Corey, glad to hear you're on the mend! You've spent so much time this year getting your shop into shape that it will be nice to enjoy it in good health! What projects you have planned for the late summer/early fall?
    "Be true to your work, your word, and your friend." -Henry David Thoreau

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Corey, Take it easy and heal well!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Corey

Glad your feeling better. Don't forget a sore is like a painted target and will be the first thing you bump, so don't rush getting back into the shop. Take it easy and get better.

Dave
    How many times must I redo it to get it correct??

Corey
    Glad to hear all went well and you're on the road to recovery.
    Pat

Corey,
    Glad it is over and successful. A word about the pain medications: I can understand why you dont want to ake them, BUT sometimes you have to take them anyway so that the muscles around the wound site dont do damage. I know that post heart surgery, they kept me way drugged for 5 days. I hated the elucinations, but they insisted. Do what the doctor says...and get better.
    John Lucas
    woodshopdemos

Good to hear things are on the mend Corey. As others have said, take your time getting well and take advantage of the time off to relax.

- Vaughn

Get well soon and smart. The tablesaw will be there when you are ready.

Glad things went well Corey! Don't rush back into the shop too soon! Those tools wil be there long after you heal properly!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Corey,

Take it easy, don't rush it. The DW618 is patient, it will wait til you're ready.

Pete