Thread: Looking at a Grizzly G0586

Looking at a Grizzly G0586

Hi Folks,
    Someone local has a Grizzly G0586 for sale. From the pictures it looks to be in very good condition. He is asking for $725 which seems pretty high even for a machine in good condition.

Does anyone here have one and if you do can you chime about how you like the machine?
    Izzy

$725? How old is the machine? Any extras included?

The Grizzly G0656 is 8"x72 (G0586 is 8"x75") with a 3HP motor (opposed to only 2HP), and $995 to your door, new and with warranty.

I don't have either, but I do have the G0490 8" jointer with 3HP motor and straight knives (very similar to the G0656 and G0586). I love my G0490. I do wish I had opted to spend the money for the spiral cutter head with inserts.

I have one and absolutely love it.

It's off the market though - has been a couple years 725 is way too high. I wouldn't go over $500 even if it were still in the crate, to be honest. It's a great jointer, that's just a very unrealistic price.
    Jason Beam
    Sacramento, CA

beamerweb.com

Thanks you have confirmed what I thought that the price is way high. I guess I will email and see how he feel about a lower price.

Think you have your answer but wanted to add that I have the 656 and absolutely love it. It has performed flawlessly and we run all kinds of hardwoods through it almost every day. The only thing I may do, and may recommend, is the helical head.