Thread: Hammer A3 31: Digital clock

Hammer A3 31: Digital clock

I just got the "digital clock" for my hammer A3 31. When turning the hand wheel clock wise it raises the table, making the thickness depth smaller. The problem is that the digital clock increases when turned clock wise.

Has any one else run into this issue? Does your clock work ok?

Thanks.

On my A3-31, the numbers shown on the digital display get smaller as the table gets raised. That is, the numbers plus the needle position truly report the thickness of wood being machined.

Interested int he response to this. I just ordered mine.

The clerk did tell me that the handwheel operates the opposite of what we expect.

Are you guys both using Imperial or Metric?

I'm using metric

Maybe you got the wrong one or something. There's varieties for other machines in the range too....

I think your guage is "after zero" so the numbers are going up. Needs to be recalibrated to "before zero" so the numbers get smaller.

If you don't have the calibration instructions:

http://maschinen.felder-gruppe.at/up...alibration.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Levitt View Post
    I just got the "digital clock" for my hammer A3 31. When turning the hand wheel clock wise it raises the table, making the thickness depth smaller. The problem is that the digital clock increases when turned clock wise.

Has any one else run into this issue? Does your clock work ok?

Thanks.
    You have the wrong clock, or you've set it wrong.

rotate the clock until it reads zero, now rotate it counter clockwise, does the number increase in value?

If not you have the one for the shaper or saw.

Contact Felder with the part number of the clock you received if that's the case.

Regards, Rod.
    Last edited by Rod Sheridan; 08-13-2015 at 1:27 PM.

I think I have the wrong one. When I get it down to zero it won't go down further and then rotating clock wise increases it again.
    I'll talk to my local dealer again. A bit frustrating as this is a replacement for the first one where the numbers didn't move at all.

thanks for the info guys

Quote Originally Posted by Prashun Patel View Post
    ..Are you guys both using Imperial or Metric?..
    My shop runs in decimal inches. I have all the benefits of the decimal system, and still have good intuition about how big things are.
    Fortunately, Hammer has an A3-31 handwheel calibrated in decimal inches.

they shipped you the wrong one. same thing happened to me. the one that you have is actually used for a shaper spindle height. its a easy fix, call felder and tell your sales guys what you have and he should be able to send you the right one.