Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lumber purchase from craigslist

lumber purchase from craigslist

I just got home with about 150-200bdft of cherry, a few nice red oak boards, a really nice 10-12inch wide walnut board, some little random boards including some cedar. and about 150bdft of pine for 150$ I was pretty happy with that, the pine I am not sure what I will do with it, just bought it for the cherry, I figure everything else is bonus, I also got a few 8ft sheets of 1/4 plywood (I think basic borg stuff) and a bunch of 5/8 plywood of different sizes, some appears to be outdoor plywood.

Sounds like a pretty good haul! What plans do you have for the cherry?

not sure, I think I'll use a little bit to make a endgrain cutting board for LOML that she has been asking me for the rest is just going to wait on the right project.

Kiln dried? Wood worker going out of biz/giving up the hobby? Sounds like u got a nice deal.

I believe it was kiln dried, but it has sat for a few years, it was an older guy, who was trying to get into woodworking and got sick a few years ago, selling off his wood.

I once found a nice haul on some red oak. I wouldn't mind finding another deal on some cherry or walnut! Nice score.

Geez, I would have been thrilled to pay twice that price.

Sounds like a good deal and he must be happy to have it gone. Good all around.

Red
    RED

GREAT deal !

Pine is good for utility boxes, and great for shelving, if you need any. I'm not a fan of Pine for "real" furniture.

I'm told that if there are no pictures it didn't happen.

You suck!!!!
    Jerry

Only kidding
    Jerry

Jerry beat me to it, but yes ... You Suck!!!

That's better than the deal I just got. I paid $2/ft for about 30+ boards of cherry and walnut, probably more walnut than cherry. I went there to buy the cherry but he also had the walnut. Also got a couple sticks of Honduran mahogany and some QS white oak. $247 out the door.

Same deal - guy was getting up in years and was downsizing before his kids had to deal with it.

300 bdft at $.50/bdft is a steal no matter what wood, let alone what you got. Plus the extras, that's a steal. He should have just given it to you at that price!

Where are the pics?!