Hi guys,
I made a 2" diameter foam sanding disc to attach hook and loop sandpaper to for sanding bowls. It's mounted on a bolt, with about an inch of medium-ish density foam attached to the wood. On the face of the foam I used some Velcro with a self adhesive back that is supposedly "industrial" grade.

For the wood/foam interface I used a heavy duty epoxy and that has worked well (I initially tried double sided tape and that failed. I tried Gorilla glue next and that last a while. I finally settled on the epoxy and I'm happy with it so far).

For the foam/Velcro interface the adhesive on the back of the Velcro turns gooey and soft as I sand since the sand paper can get fairly warm. Once the adhesive goes gooey, the holding strength drops pretty quickly. I was looking for a flexible epoxy to hold the Velcro to the foam pad, but there doesn't seem to be much out there that I can find. I eyeballed contact cement, but I'm afraid any sort of heat will cause that to fail. My last thought was one of the "super glue gels" they are advertising, but I have no experience with such a super glue.

What do you guys out there use that holds up well when the face of the sanding disc heats up? Any suggestions?