Thread: laser help

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

laser help

Hi all, I brought a 50w co2 laser from ebay in december. from this seller http://wwwdotebaydotcodotuk/usr/hoti...88.m1543.l2754. Supposidly with a 2 year warranty (ha ha i wish)! He will not reply to any of my messages now. Anyway I've used it 49 hours and having a few problems. The laser seemed to be getting weaker and weeker. I now cant cut out anything apart from paper!
    When i try and pulse it to check alignment, Sometimes it burns a mark straight away, other times takes ages to get any kind of mark. When i engrave it will faintly do some of the writing that i want and not others but then if i delete what it did do faintly it will engrave the bits that it missed. I tried yesterday to cut some writing at 100 speed and 99% power and it scored the mdf wood not too bad but at 100% it wasn't fantastic. Then i put a piece of mdf in the same place and tried to scan the same thing and it came out so faint. I'm using rdworks.
    Can anyone help me please. I'm only using it as a hobby for the minute and doing things for family and friends and i was really enjoying learning. I dont have any idea about electrics etc so i cant test anything properly. I did have someone try and look as i couldn't get the pulse to work. He bypassed the controller and powered the tube from the power box and it worked fine making the marks for alignment. laser1.jpg here is a pic of my laser using the cut and then the scan.
    If anyone can help me i would be truly grateful.
    Thanks in advance for reading this.
    Amanda
    Last edited by Mike Null; 08-29-2015 at 8:55 AM. Reason: removed ebay link