Thread: Blum inset drawer locking device

Blum inset drawer locking device

Was planning on using Blum 563H slides for yet to be built inset drawers. The only locking device I can find that is specifically specified for inset drawers is the BST51.1700.PVx. But it is specified only for the 562 series of slides. Blum sells something else that looks like that for the 563 drawers (BST51.1901PSx) but I can't find if it is for use with an inset drawer. So is the BST51.1901PSx the equivalent of the BST51.1700.PVx but for the 563 series slide? Perhaps there is another option I have failed to find? Basically all I want to do is to properly adjust my inset drawers so the maintain their adjustment. Anyone else find the Blum information a little confusing?
    My three favorite things are the Oxford comma, irony and missed opportunities

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson

The Blum Tandem B563H series features soft-closing, full-extension, undermount drawer slides that fit 5/8” and 1/2” drawer sides. The B563H series is designed for box style, frameless construction or face-frame style cabinets. The slides allow for side-to-side, tool-free adjustment when using the BT.1901 locking devices, and also side-to-side, plus-depth adjustments when using the BT.1901.PS. These side-to-side adjustments are incredibly useful for drawer alignment when building inset cabinets.

Thanks Jay, just what I needed to know. Odd Blum doesn't just say that for the 1901 like they do for the 1700. Quite a learning curve with these things.
    My three favorite things are the Oxford comma, irony and missed opportunities

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson

Michael,

Go to Blum's home page and type in 563H in the search box. From there you can download full instructions that includes information on the locking device options. You can also call Blum's 800 phone number. I find customer support to be both extremely helpful and knowledgeable. In fact I spoke to them today about 563H and 569H runner setbacks for inset drawers.

Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Weber View Post
    Was planning on using Blum 563H slides for yet to be built inset drawers. The only locking device I can find that is specifically specified for inset drawers is the BST51.1700.PVx. But it is specified only for the 562 series of slides. Blum sells something else that looks like that for the 563 drawers (BST51.1901PSx) but I can't find if it is for use with an inset drawer. So is the BST51.1901PSx the equivalent of the BST51.1700.PVx but for the 563 series slide? Perhaps there is another option I have failed to find? Basically all I want to do is to properly adjust my inset drawers so the maintain their adjustment. Anyone else find the Blum information a little confusing?