Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cutting Alumamark

Thanks for the info, just tried a test piece, I have to cut twice, hard to get it perfect.
    The end bends/curls just a bit.
    I did find some one local with a laser that can cut but I'd like to do this in-house if I can.
    The cut has to be perfect as it will be going on a display plaque.
    TROTEC Laser, Roland SP300,SAWGRASS SG1000 Sublimation Printer, Q1 Mod New Hermes Vanguard 3400 Engraver, Daige Laminator, Next Wave Shark HD510 CNC

How I cut 13-1/2" material (btw, do you know anyone with a 'safety saw'?)

cut1.jpg

cut2.jpg

cut3.jpg
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Thanks Kev!
    TROTEC Laser, Roland SP300,SAWGRASS SG1000 Sublimation Printer, Q1 Mod New Hermes Vanguard 3400 Engraver, Daige Laminator, Next Wave Shark HD510 CNC

Kev,
    Why use the known "square piece, why not just butt the ruler to the right edge, is the right edge not perpendicular to the blade?

Hi Chris

I cut aluminium with a skill saw or compound slide saw for shorter cuts. All you need is a decent blade. When doing long cuts you just need a solid straight edge that you can F clamp to the aluminium. A lot of stock I purchase lands in my driveway in huge sheets. I dice it up before it goes onto my stock shelves.
    Universal Laser VLS6.60, Tantillus 3D printer, Electronic design
    edns Group, Mairangi Bay, Auckland, New Zealand