Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2015 NFL Thread

Just because you pay players millions won't matter. Someone once said, "What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say." The Bengal player actions certainly spoke louder than words.​

I would suggest the fans throwing stuff onto the field and the fans below them at the end of the game spoke volumes too! There is no place for that!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    Cincinnati players committed suicide in the last few seconds!
    That was the stupidest final 2 minutes of professional football that I have ever seen. Marvin, Burfict and Adam Jones should be canned.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I would suggest the fans throwing stuff onto the field and the fans below them at the end of the game spoke volumes too! There is no place for that!
    You got that right! Where did they think they were anyhow, up here in the Dawg Pound?
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Wow Vikings...............wow

i noticed there is a Fran Tarkenton posting on here lately, he won't be happy

Watch out for the Seahawks. Might just be a rematch in the Superbowl.
    Bracken's Pond Woodworks[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I sure hope so.....

Quote Originally Posted by David Helm View Post
    Watch out for the Seahawks. Might just be a rematch in the Superbowl.

They'll never make it past Carolina....they were EXTREMELY lucky to get past Minn......

Cincinnati, I have been a fan of theirs since day one, has a history of hiring thugs. I have now had it with them and Marvin Lewis. Character always shows itself under pressure--certain of the Bengals have no character and they got what they deserved. Burfict should be banned from the NFL.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

pats.jpgpats.jpgpats.jpgpats.jpgpats.jpgpats.jpgpats.jpgpats.jpg
    Brady's pumping up footballs getting ready to travel to Santa Clara
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Yeah Bert!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Null View Post
    Cincinnati, I have been a fan of theirs since day one, has a history of hiring thugs. I have now had it with them and Marvin Lewis. Character always shows itself under pressure--certain of the Bengals have no character and they got what they deserved. Burfict should be banned from the NFL.
    There's a lot of talk that with a record of 0-7 in playoff games and a history of taking the chance on rejuvenating thugs, Marvin Lewis should be sent packing. I agree there is no place for people like Burfict and Suh. Football is supposed to be controlled violence.
    Ken

@ Barry, that game wasn't about luck. Both teams played fantastic defense in unbelievably difficult conditions. The field goal was missed, in part, because Richard Sherman got into Blair Walsh's head by nearly blocking the previous one. That, and a difficult ball hold worked to help him miss. Seattle defense kept Minn out of the endzone and the offense produced just enough scoring to win. Generally in the NFL teams who are kept out of the endzone don't win. You gotta score touchdowns. By the way, Adrian Peterson was held to less than 2 yards per carry.
    Bracken's Pond Woodworks[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

IIRC.. the announcers yesterday said before the game that the Seahawks defense had only allowed 1 offensive touchdown in the last 5 games.

I feel sorry for the place kicker. While he missed the final potentially winning field goal, he's the only person on the Vikings team that scored yesterday. That won't be remembered.
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 01-11-2016 at 4:17 PM. Reason: correcte my error "Touchdown" instead of field goal...duh!
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by David Helm View Post
    @ Barry, that game wasn't about luck. Both teams played fantastic defense in unbelievably difficult conditions. The field goal was missed, in part, because Richard Sherman got into Blair Walsh's head by nearly blocking the previous one. That, and a difficult ball hold worked to help him miss. Seattle defense kept Minn out of the endzone and the offense produced just enough scoring to win. Generally in the NFL teams who are kept out of the endzone don't win. You gotta score touchdowns. By the way, Adrian Peterson was held to less than 2 yards per carry.
    +1, well said. Malcolm Butler's "lucky" interception won the SuperBowl was the headline in most area of the country. Brady went on a 4th quarter tear dissecting the one of the best defenses (maybe ever), Lynch was stopped the play before and held out of the end zone, and proper coaching and game prep put Butler in the situation to succeed. So I have to agree with David, the Hawks didn't get lucky, Blair Walsh got really unlucky.