Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft Office for Windows 10

Microsoft Office for Windows 10

Is it true that one has to pay a monthly rental for Microsoft Office w/Windows 10?

Yes and no. Office 365 is by monthly/annual subscription. There are still standalone versions for one-time purchase, for home, students, and business. The Micosoft website has more info.
    Brett
    Peters Creek, Alaska

Man is a tool-using animal. Nowhere do you find him without tools; without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all. — Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881)

Along a similar vein, will existing versions of Office, and in particular Excel, work with Win10?

Or just download open office which is completely free.

Quote Originally Posted by James Tibbetts View Post
    Along a similar vein, will existing versions of Office, and in particular Excel, work with Win10?
    I'm running Office Pro 2010 on Win10 with no problems.
    Brett
    Peters Creek, Alaska

Man is a tool-using animal. Nowhere do you find him without tools; without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all. — Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881)

I am using Office 2010 with no problems with Windows 10.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Thanks for the speedy help!!!!!!!!!!! Justin

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Wintle View Post
    Or just download open office which is completely free.
    +1 It does everything that MS Office does.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

My thanks also folks.

$80 a year (watch for discounts to get it there) for 5 computers to stay on the latest version. It's a great deal. There's a 1 computer option that's cheaper too.

I also use the Office 365 subscription...it covers my BYOD work Macbook Pro for both MacOS and Windows 7, my personal iMac, my younger daughter's Macbook Air and my older daughter's HP all-in-one Windows machine. Plus four iPads and if we wanted office on the small screen, four mobiles. As Matt mentioned, it's available in a one-computer version, too. The advantage of the subscription is that it's always current software. But as noted in another post, MS still sells "boxed" versions if one wants them. I prefer the "real" MS Office products, but OpenOffice is certainly a worthy solution, too.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    +1 It does everything that MS Office does.
    I was looking at what was included with Open Office....I don't see the equivelant of Publisher or Outlook....are similar programs included with Open Office?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry McFadden View Post
    I was looking at what was included with Open Office....I don't see the equivalent of Publisher or Outlook....are similar programs included with Open Office?
    Regarding Outlook, there must be better mail clients available. I know there are programs that do the same thing that Publisher does.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

So.....Lee's comment about "It does everything that MS Office does".....is incorrect???

Quote Originally Posted by Barry McFadden View Post
    So.....Lee's comment about "It does everything that MS Office does".....is incorrect???
    I think the basic Office package only includes Word, Excel and Powerpoint. Some of the more expensive versions of Office also include Access, Publisher and Outlook. I think that's the business version of Office.

So his statement is correct for the basic version and incorrect for the business version.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.