Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is there any other way to drill?

[QUOTE=Dave Cullen;2467479]Yup. A few of my pet peeves are "web sight" instead of site. And seen on woodworking forums (horrors!), filling the wood pours (pores). Ugh.

Isn't a web sight when you see the spider web just before you walk into it?

[QUOTE=Ronald Blue;2467613]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Cullen View Post
    Yup. A few of my pet peeves are "web sight" instead of site. And seen on woodworking forums (horrors!),
    I was skeptical of that actually happening, but did a search on SMC and found hundreds of examples. Interestingly, most of them are from 2004.

This thread started in the off topic forum and was moved to the General Woodworking and Power Tools forum. I personally think it started in the right place. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Parks View Post
    The apostrophe is dead.
    The apostrophe is not dead. It has become cancerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Prashun Patel View Post
    Love complete sentences.
    Tru Dat.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Vavricka View Post
    This thread started in the off topic forum and was moved to the General Woodworking and Power Tools forum. I personally think it started in the right place. :-)
    Tru Dat.

We don't need no stinkin' moderators.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Vavricka View Post
    Maybe the mod pre-read the post and made a decision before fully reading it.

A lot of people do not know the difference between advice and advise, such as "I need some advise, or will you advice me on this", frustrating.

I could care less if someone loose's a screw because they're whole they pre-drilled was too big, irregardless of what brand of drill their using.
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Zona View Post
    Why is it in instructional or DIY videos we are told to "pre-drill" holes. Pre-drill? Really.

And why are so many YouTubers so weak in their presentations that they are constantly saying, "I gonna go ahead and . . . ?" Gonna go ahead and? They must like to hear themselves talk. I generally stop watching at that point.

I expect a lot for free, huh.
    Tony, don't be this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4vf8N6GpdM

Quote Originally Posted by Bill White View Post
    Kinda like everyone saying that you should use a "sharp" chisel. Why would ya use a dull chisel unless you're opening a paint can?
    If you're demolishing something or taking it apart, a somewhat dull chisel works perfectly well to split wood. My dad is a contractor and mostly his chisels are at this level of dullness. He reserves a couple in more-or-less sharp condition for more delicate jobs that actually benefit from sharpness.