Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone downloaded IOS9 on to their ipad yet?

Blog Entries

Has anyone downloaded IOS9 on to their ipad yet?

Has anyone downloaded IOS9 on to their ipad yet? If you have , are you happy with it? I have read that it will improve battery life.
    thanks
    Dennis

I have. I haven't used it enough yet to notice any issues with the battery life, but I do like some of the new features. I was excited about the changes to Notes, because I use them all the time, but when I tried to use it, it says I can't use the new features until I upgrade my computer's OS to the version that's not even out yet. I do really, really like the NEWS thing, and how you can customize it. I like it better than Flipboard at this point. It's doing a little multitasking now too, so that's also better.

I saw some people were having problems with the install, so make sure you're backed up before trying it.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

I installed it the other day on my iphone 6 plus and all seems well. I don't know of all the benefits but the phone works and that's all I know. I'm not a techie person whatsoever.

Red
    RED

I installed it on both my iPad and my iPhone 5c with no problems. I also did my wife's as well. We both like the new features. I also listened to Kim Komando and she was touting it's virtues as well.
    Last edited by Gordon Eyre; 09-19-2015 at 3:56 PM.
    Best Regards,

Gordon

I don't notice many new things so far other than some subtleties such as different keyboard font, different visual when using the voice recognition, and a swipe up for music on the locked screen in addition to the camera.

Guess I need to lookup what's new.

I have a 1st generation iPad Mini that I upgraded today. Some applications seem to crash more since the update. I do like the new News application, but it crashes a lot as well. 28 GB of space available, so the crashes are not due to space issues.

Dave

Still waiting for the go ahead from IT to load it on my work iPhone. Apparently they have to do a significant software upgrade to our mobile e-mail client in order to be compatible with 9.

Installed on iPad Air2 and iPhone 6S - not very big changes, except already mentioned above, but for sure battery life much better. I am frequently working for 24 hours and my battery before on the phone just enough to come home. Now for last two calls - still 35-40%. May be it is coincidental, but I use my phone a lot during work and this improvement is important to me.

Ed.

I have had it on my iPhone 6 and iPad Mini 3 since this Friday morning. No issues, no amazing changes.

I've played with iOS 9 for almost week now. In addition to some application instability, I find that the copy/paste function is acting a bit squirrelly. I've had trouble zeroing in on specific words or phrases. Sometimes I can only select a word, other times I can only select a sentence, and sometimes, but less likely, the function works as intended. Additionally, I find that the performance lacking as compared to iOS 8. Although not terrible, it takes longer for applications to load, and after loading, the performance is perceptively lagging.

I'm using an older iPad Mini, and I doubt that it was in the list of devices to test iOS 9 against. But before I upgrade my wife's iPhone 5 and my iPhone 6, I think I'll wait for at least one more release.

Dave

Blog Entries
    I downloaded it to my Ipad , it seems to be working fine for my uses.
    Dennis

Blog Entries
    Downloaded to my iPhone (5S) - works great. I'll probably do my iPad tonight.
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

Also downloaded it on my iPhone 5s and mac book pro retina. I've only had time to play with it a little on the phone but I'm liking it so far.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Anyone?

screen.jpg

I downloaded it on my new iphone 6. Not sure if it's related to the update, or if what the issue is, but sometimes when I'm texting someone, the text window changes to some sort of grayed out chronograph. I can still type the message out, but the gray area hides it. The only way I have found to fix it is to reboot. Here is a screen shot. Anyone?

I loaded it on my phone, haven't discovered any new features yet, but also have had no problems.