Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has anyone downloaded IOS9 on to their ipad yet?

Its saying you are taking too long to type.

Where is that "BONK!" button?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Marsh View Post
    Attachment 322029

I downloaded it on my new iphone 6. Not sure if it's related to the update, or if what the issue is, but sometimes when I'm texting someone, the text window changes to some sort of grayed out chronograph. I can still type the message out, but the gray area hides it. The only way I have found to fix it is to reboot. Here is a screen shot. Anyone?
    That's the video message thing, isn't it? You can record video and send it as a message. Somehow it looks like you are selecting that? I haven't used it, so I'm only guessing. In fact, maybe that's not even a feature I thought you could send video and voice memos now.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Blog Entries
    Downloaded to the iPad, works fine
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Marsh View Post
    Attachment 322029

I downloaded it on my new iphone 6. Not sure if it's related to the update, or if what the issue is, but sometimes when I'm texting someone, the text window changes to some sort of grayed out chronograph. I can still type the message out, but the gray area hides it. The only way I have found to fix it is to reboot. Here is a screen shot. Anyone?
    I was getting the same thing last night. I've had a iPhone 6 since it was first released and there has always been something squirrelly with texting. If I turn the phone sideways for the wider keyboard it starts wanting to record voice message and I have to get out of the messaging and get back in for it to work. Then yesterday after the download this starts happening. I had to reboot as well. Then it happened again so I just shut down (swipe off) the messages and it seemed to work.

I suppose I could be hitting it by accident. I have no idea how to select it, or un-select it.

I just download the new update on wife's ipad and seems to be working. This is newer than the 9 version.
    John

Put it on my ipad and iphone - now I cannot sync (via cable) the ipad with an older white macbook (2007), the ipad causes itunes the freeze with the "beach ball of death", oddly the phone syncs fine .... I guess my choices are to use icloud or upgrade to a new laptop.

Dennis, in the future, its worth your while to check out the Apple support forums on Apple's website. There you'll find if people are having problems with a particular Apple product and there are experts answering questions and solving people's problems. Glad it worked out for you.