Thread: table top

table top

I just picked up 5 2x10's someone threw away and they are pressure treated, for exterior use. Can i glue this up and use it for my new work table top? Or this won't gold up with glue being pressure treated. Thanks
    arek

After running them through your planner they should glue up - never have, but would think they would.
    Funny, I don't remember being absent minded...

Quote Originally Posted by Arek Kosinski View Post
    I just picked up 5 2x10's someone threw away and they are pressure treated, for exterior use. Can i glue this up and use it for my new work table top? Or this won't gold up with glue being pressure treated. Thanks
    arek
    I have glued up treated timber with never a problem.
    .. If walking is good for your health, the postman would be immortal.

pressure treated lumber has toxic chemicals..up to you
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

Thanks for the info, i think i will just use something else for the table top.
    arek

Up till recently pressure treated lumber was treated with arsenic. I would be really leery about running PT wood through the planer and breathing in the arsenic!

Just don't chew on it. The treatment nowadays is barely toxic to termites and fungi.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hahr View Post
    Just don't chew on it. The treatment nowadays is barely toxic to termites and fungi.Dan
    What he said....
    Profanity is the futile effort of a feeble mind, to exert itself forcefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Yoder View Post
    What he said....
    Same in England, the rose spray permitted by EU is just about useless.
    .. If walking is good for your health, the postman would be immortal.