Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trotec 360 laser

Trotec 360 laser

Looking at purchasing a new Trotec 360 laser. Is there any options that you guys recommend? I am trying to decide on either the 60 watt or the 80 watt about a $2k price difference. Has anyone else purchased a Trotec 360?
    Trotec Speedy 360 80 watt laser
    Custom CNC router 4' x 5'
    GrapthTec FC7000-75 vinyl cutter
    Keiling KL6090S CNC router
    Ricoh SG3100DN sublimation printer

I recently bought an 80 watt Speedy 400. I would suggest you go with 80 watts if you can afford it, the extra power will only help with cutting and you can still dial it down enough to do engraving. The additional $2,000 will be nothing over the lifespan of the laser when you consider how much time you will save with the extra power. Unless you are mainly lasering anodized aluminum or cutting thin paper, you'll appreciate the extra power.

Last year I priced out all the lasers and Trotec were selling the the Speedy 300 with a 60W for almost the same price as the 80W. It was literally within a few hundred dollars. I would look into getting the 80W and negotiating the price to very close to the 60W price.
    Equipment: IS400, IS6000, VLS 6.60, LS100, HP4550, Ricoh GX e3300n, Hotronix STX20
    Software: Adobe Suite & Gravostyle 5
    Business: Trophy, Awards and Engraving

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Hair View Post
    I recently bought an 80 watt Speedy 400. I would suggest you go with 80 watts if you can afford it, the extra power will only help with cutting and you can still dial it down enough to do engraving. The additional $2,000 will be nothing over the lifespan of the laser when you consider how much time you will save with the extra power. Unless you are mainly lasering anodized aluminum or cutting thin paper, you'll appreciate the extra power.

This ^^^^

Unless you're doing all light stuff (anodized aluminum, glass, etc.) where the extra power won't help, get it while it's (relatively cheap). Also, don't forget that the Trotec's run at nearly twice the speed of most systems out there... the increased carriage speed means more power is needed to keep a (relatively) similar engrave speed (i.e., an 80W Trotec is like running my old ULS with a 40W tube).
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

I talked to Tech Support the other day and they said they aren't out there yet, so I think you'll have a hard time finding anyone that can tell you about it. I've seen it a show and that's about it.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

80w all day. Well worth the extra money.
    Trotec Speedy 400 120w, Trotec Speedy 300 80w
    Thunderlaser Mars-130 with EFR 130w tube
    Signature Rotary Engravers (2)
    Epson F6070 Large Format Printer, Geo Knight Air Heat Presses (2)

The 80 watt machine will enable you to use the full engraving speed and a faster cutting speed.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Plus you get to put 80W in your signature, now that is definitely worth the extra 2k

But as above I agree 80w over 60w if you can afford it
    Half Kiwi, Half Pom, All Crazy
    Trotec Speedy 300 - 80W (1.5" + 2.5" Lens)
    Harsh Environment Kit, Rotary Attachment

Atmos Compact Exhaust, CorelDraw X7

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hintz View Post
    . Also, don't forget that the Trotec's run at nearly twice the speed of most systems out there
    There is one out there that's faster...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    There is one out there that's faster...
    That no one on this forum owns?
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Yeah I don't hate anyone in this forum when I see these posts. Not at all.

Are you getting the Flexx or just the CO2? What I could do with 80w and that working area. Wow.

Maybe one day...
    Trotec Speedy 300 - 80 watt
    Synrad 30 Watt - CO2 Galvo
    LaserStar 3804 - 50 watt fiber - SPI Source
    Tykma Minilase - 20 watt fiber - SPI Source - (MOPA)
    CorelDraw X7

I own one LIKE it, just not "it".

speedy400.jpgLS900XP.jpg

I'm not knockin' Trotec-- But Gravograph is definitely the red-headed stepchild of THIS forum! Shame, 'cause they 're great machines!

-and, they're built in the same part of the world, only a Switzerland's throw away from each other...
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    I own one LIKE it, just not "it".

speedy400.jpgLS900XP.jpg

I'm not knockin' Trotec-- But Gravograph is definitely the red-headed stepchild of THIS forum! Shame, 'cause they 're great machines!

-and, they're built in the same part of the world, only a Switzerland's throw away from each other...
    Hey, don't blame us that Gravograph doesn't attend any shows that sell engravers, don't advertise on forums with 1000's of laser consumers, and don't participate in any discussions here. We own a New Hermes machine, have bought material from them since the 80's, yet they have never once tried to sell us a laser.

Can't blame any of that on the customer!

My rep takes machines to shows all year. At least shows within reasonable driving distance. Occasionally he gets to use the mobile engraving shop to take to shows. Very cool, an entire engraving shop masquerading as a motor home!

What all the OTHER reps in the country are doing, no clue. Busy shooting themselves in the foot I guess!
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter

I walked past the Gravograph stand when I was at the visual show in Melbourne, holding 3 different laser manufacturer companies catalogs and show bags, the rep just looked at me said hi and then went back to working on the mechanical engraving machine, I even stood next to the laser machine for a good min looking it over, he didn't seem interested in me so I went else where.
    Half Kiwi, Half Pom, All Crazy
    Trotec Speedy 300 - 80W (1.5" + 2.5" Lens)
    Harsh Environment Kit, Rotary Attachment

Atmos Compact Exhaust, CorelDraw X7