Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Choosing co2 laser tube (3rd one in a year, 300hours 1st, 200hours 2nd)

Choosing co2 laser tube (3rd one in a year, 300hours 1st, 200hours 2nd)

i have a really big problem...

my second RECI z2 tube is loosing power verry fast, and i need a new tube as soon as posible
    both of them survived for 6 months each and 300 working hours first, and second 200working hours...
    i have an cw5000 chiller, and did everything to not get it over 25mAmps....
    most of my time i do engravings, and verry little cutting on 4mm plywood or 3mm MDF

so, what brand is better these days: EFR, RECI, Yongli?
    should i go with reci or choose another brand?

EFR

and check for cavitation bubbles in the full reflector mirror end when you start the machine up
    You did what !

i do

i check for bubles weekly... never had any...
    i always use low powers... never got under 20% and verry rarely over 60 (max 80% once or twice) but not over 25mAmps

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sheldrake View Post
    EFR

and check for cavitation bubbles in the full reflector mirror end when you start the machine up

This is what I heard

Quote Originally Posted by tadici mihai View Post
    i check for bubles weekly... never had any...
    i always use low powers... never got under 20% and verry rarely over 60 (max 80% once or twice) but not over 25mAmps

I was told to never run at 100% so I generally run at 75% somtimes 80%.

No that being said we have a reci tube we can at 100% for about two years and it was still going strong. We we did a lot of laser cutting at my last job. I don't know since I left how it has been.
    Redsail x700, 50watt & Shenhui 350, 50 watt

EFR

The 80W and 130W Recis that I have do not have water contacting the reflector end - the water makes no contact with anything metal.
    Shenhui 1440x850, 130 Watt Reci Z6
    Gerber Sabre 408

no more reci!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Harman View Post
    The 80W and 130W Recis that I have do not have water contacting the reflector end - the water makes no contact with anything metal.
    true... but that don't have anything to do with my loss of power... really... 300 working hours for a laser tube?
    and second will not be able to cut a piece of paper in 100 hours...
    in my opinion, i got two pieces of junk from reci, and i will never buy one again...
    both of them was bought from a Gweike seller... first came with machine, second ordered after first died...
    3rd one will be the last... if it goes down in less than 500hours, i will give away my machine...
    Others, use laser tubes for years... reci or not reci... co2 watercooled glass tubes... and i got 2 dieing tubes in a year and i did not even used them for too much...

Quote Originally Posted by tadici mihai View Post
    true... but that don't have anything to do with my loss of power... really... 300 working hours for a laser tube?
    My reply was directed at Dave's comment regarding watching for cavitation. I do not believe that applies to the Reci tubes because there is no opportunity for that to happen near the reflector. Not a plus or minus, just an observation.
    Shenhui 1440x850, 130 Watt Reci Z6
    Gerber Sabre 408

Do you think the problem could be related to the power supply?
    I have seen the EFR tube and power supply recommended here.
    Scott
    Rabbit Laser RL-60-1290, Rotary attachment, Corel Draw x6, Bobcad Ver 27
    Juki-LU 2810-7, Juki 1900 AHS, Juki LU-1508, Juki LH-3188-7, Juki LH 1182
    Sheffield 530 HC webbing cutter

tube.jpg
    This is not a reci but on my SPT tube there is about a 1.5 inch chamber in front of the water outlet
    that was creating an air pocket(highlighted in yellow). It was a real booger to clear out the air
    and fill it with water because it just kept trapping the air. After a few attempts I finally got it.
    I have read that this is a real hot spot on several tube brands and one to watch out for.

Gozzie
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thunder Laser MARS 90 (130 watt)
    RD Works V8
    1 Phillips Screwdriver
    1 Straight Edge
    1 Hammer
    1 Dull Chisel
    1 Pencil Sharpener (manually operated)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Harman View Post
    My reply was directed at Dave's comment regarding watching for cavitation. I do not believe that applies to the Reci tubes because there is no opportunity for that to happen near the reflector. Not a plus or minus, just an observation.
    Yup, Rich is quite right, my mistake, that'll teach me to type before thinking
    You did what !

it seems that Frank from EFR sells only 4tubes as minimum order...
    anyone know another sale person from EFR who can help me with a lasertube?

Try Andy Zhu
    You did what !

Try Andy Zhu
    i have him on skype, but hard to find him online... but i'll wait...

FWIW, The RECI that came with my machine died quickly. The replacement had a cracked lens after a few hours. I have not tried the last replacement, as I went with EFR before the last RECI tube arrived (and it has been happily lasing away day after day).
    Longtai 460 with 100 watt EFR, mostly for fun. More power is good!! And a shop with enough wood working tools to make a lot of sawdust. Ex-owner of Shenhui 460-80 and engraving business with 45 watt Epilog Mini18.

??

Quote Originally Posted by John Noell View Post
    FWIW, The RECI that came with my machine died quickly. The replacement had a cracked lens after a few hours. I have not tried the last replacement, as I went with EFR before the last RECI tube arrived (and it has been happily lasing away day after day).

who was your reseller? i can't get in touch with somebody from EFR... but i guess it's some kind of "vacation" there...