Thread: Drill Press Table

Drill Press Table

Had a blast making this little shop accessory. As I'm getting back into ww'ing after a few years away I've been trying to find projects with a variety of tasks to complete and this fit the bill perfectly. Lots of similar designs on the web that I used as inspiration. Overall, very happy with the outcome.

2015-10-03 12.14.46.jpg

It's made of a double layer of 1/2" plywood. The layers are glued together but before I glued them together I drilled three holes in the bottom layer and routed a recess for t-track bolts I used to attach to the drill press table.

2015-10-03 12.15.12.jpg

I didn't want to see the plywood layers so I added a poplar band on three sides. The fence can slide off the back easily so I can add/remove t-track accessories as needed.

2015-10-03 12.15.01.jpg

I've also already cut four replacement squares so when it gets chewed up I can quickly swap it out. It's been a long time since I spent this much quality time in the shop and very glad I did.

Onto the next project.

Aaron

Nicely done!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Well done! Welcome back to WW'ing. A really handy accessory...now you'll live in the shop coming up with projects to use it.

Nice job! Looks like a big work surface - what size is the table?

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Millis View Post
    Nice job! Looks like a big work surface - what size is the table?
    Thanks guys.

The table is 15 1/2" x 25". Already put it to use when I started my next project and needed to drill a hole in the same spot in two different boards.

Aaron