Thread: Woodmaster 26 inch drum sander vs Performaxx 16/32

Woodmaster 26 inch drum sander vs Performaxx 16/32

Been watching craigslist and found the woodmaster. Haven't seen it yet but looks to be an older molder but am told works fine. Question is this. Going to see it tomorrow and taking some lumber with me to test. If all appears good, any reason not to get it and sell my performaxx. Don't know a lot about woodmaster so looking for opinions. Going to get the model number to make sure I can still get parts. Anything else I'm not thinking of?

Scott ... my experience with a 18" Woodmaster was not good.
    The center of the table flexed down under load .010" ... so a board fed off to the side ended-up tapered.
    I've had wonderful success with a oscillating 22/44 ... even run raised panel doors thru it.

When I first started.I had a Woodmaster very good also very basic I think you'd be able to get a lot of the parts through Grainger
    Thanks John
    Don't take life too seriously. No one gets out alive anyway!

4. I had a 36" Woodmaster 12 years ago and used it for 2 years before I got a 36" wide belt. I found the Woodmaster was well built, easy paper changes and good dust collection. I ran cabinet and 36 x 80" passage doors and thru it and it did a great job of of leveling the joints and raised panels, the only thing it did not like was gang feeding thin edgebanding strips (1/4 x 7/8") which tore the paper and velcro. The only reason I sold it was because it was slow compared to a wide belt and I was trying to run a business
    David

I have a 26 inch Woodmaster, and think it does a very good job at delivering uniform thickness when sanding. I hadn't noticed any table deflection issues like Sam had mentioned. I use it primarily for sanding thin boards in guitar building, so I am not taking huge bites with it. That may have something to do with it.

Why are you selling the Performaxx 16/32 ? Are you not happy with it? Not much differance it sanding width...

On the other note I have a 36'' Woodmaster and like it very much.
    Richard Poitras
    Central, Michigan....
    01-02-2006

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    I have no experience with the Performax 16/32. I upgraded from a Delta 18/36 to a Woodmaster 2675 (26"). I would never go back to an open end design.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney