Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Katrina's Coming

Unhappy Katrina's Coming

Anybody want to place a bid on a workshop in Katrina's path. You'd be suprised how cheap a bid will be accepted for a cash in advance bid. It is a small shop now, but after Katrina passes it may cover a much larger area.
    18th century nut --- Carl

Carl, my heart goes out to you! With my daughter in the path of many hurricanes over the last couple years, I have sort of a sense of what you must be feeling right now. Please, please....Do as the authorities say and, if you're anywhere near harm's way, seek shelter elsewhere, if at all possible! Not to sound harsh, but we could care less if the shop makes it or not...We just want YOU to make it! (The shop would indeed be a bonus!) Best of luck and I'll keep you and all the folks in the path of Katrina in my prayers!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

John: Thanks for your good wishes. It is absolutely impossible to get out of town now. Traffic on every possible escape route is at a snail's pace. I think our home is about as safe a place as there is in Town. We are at a higher elevation than the High School which is the evacuation center. My son and family have evacuated New Orleans, and I'm glad they have, because the city could be a disaster like none before. Let us hope the City of Thibodaux won't share that fate.
    18th century nut --- Carl

Carl,

I have a sister in Meridian Miss. I will keep you and your family in my prayers as well as my sister. Like John said we want you and your family to make it and if we can do anything for you just give a great big HOLLER.
    Randy
    Randy

Don't worry abuot tommorrow, it may never arrive
    Don't fret over yesterdays mistake, you can't undo them
    Just live today the best you can.

All I can do at this time is hope that something happens to lessen the strength of Katrina before she comes ashore. All of our thoughts and prays are with you.

Bruce

Carl,
    Hope you end up on the west side of the eye. I know this is pushing a LOT of water, I hope you and your Family stay safe. I know you've prepared with food, water and gas. It could be several weeks before any of that is available.

We made a mistake when Ivan hit, didn't have enough water for flushing the toilets and drinking. Had to go get pool water from next door to help with the toilet flush. Water was out I think 3 days or more.

I hope you come thru this OK. And again , be safe.
    Furniture...the Art of a FurnitureMaker.

Carl,

My prayers are with you, old Bud. Do anything you have to do to stay safe.

God bless

Lou
    Procrastination.......

Maybe I'll think about that tomorrow

Just read the NOAA weather report . It said high seas of 68 FEET!!

Carl, our prayers are with you and all the folks down that way. This storm is looking like a monster.

Please keep us abreast of your situation as we are concerned with your safety.

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Eyman
    Anybody want to place a bid on a workshop in Katrina's path. You'd be suprised how cheap a bid will be accepted for a cash in advance bid. It is a small shop now, but after Katrina passes it may cover a much larger area.
    Best of luck to you and your family. My mother lost her home to Andrew in 1992. I visited her a week after the hurricane hit and I could not believe the devastation! She lived in Homestead at the time, since then she moved to Daytona Beach.
    Hope everything works out for you and the family.
    Jim

Carl, you will be in my thoughts and prayers until we hear you are OK. May God be with you and everyone else in the storm's path.
    Tony

12. Play it safe , young fellow. Our prayers are with you and your family.
    What you do today determines what you can do tomorrow.

Carl...
    My parents left their home outside of New Orleans. I will be heading down their as soon as they are allowed in. If you need anything gas, ice, water let me know. I will be bringing in alot of those items for friends and family. I will check back in this thread for your reply...I doubt you will have phone service after this so I figure calling you would be useless. You and Lynn and your families are in my prayers. I have not been in touch with my buddy down south of you so I can only hope that means he left. I would rather be in Houma than New Orleans--that is not going to be pretty. Just let me know if you need anything

Guys....

According to Mapquest --Thibodaux LA -- is just 30 miles WSW of New Orleans!!! And Katrina has forecasts of 20-30 foot storm surge!!!!

IT WILL HIT THIS AREA FULL FORCE!!!!

Carl - we are PRAYING FOR YOU!!!

Carl and all in the path of the storm....

We are praying for all the folks involved in this for their safety and well being. Take every precaution Carl.....
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.