Thread: where can I get MicroJig inserts?

where can I get MicroJig inserts?

Other than direct from MicroJig?
    Or, do I just have to go ahead and order from them?

I'd like to see if anyone is cheaper - but - if I have to spring $8.95 for a set of two, then I guess I have to.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Woodcraft, Hartville Tool, Amazon. Probably same price though.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

I looked at all three and none list just the inserts.
    I can buy the whole jig, but, not just the splitter inserts.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Peachtree Woodworking Suppoly, Inc

Rich I thought you were referring to the Gripper not the MJ Spliter. I have the splitter but have never been able to make it work for me. I have the one for the full kerf blade and use full kerf blades. Have thought about buying the new steel ones and trying again but the cost is not cheap.
    George

Blog Entries
    I used the MJ Splitter for years and dad still uses them. This is the original plastic version. I would pick up extra inserts whenever I saw them on sale or at a good price. I only ever ruined one so I quit "stocking up" but, dad should be supplied for life . IIRC, I would find them on the clearance areas of Rockler and the like. They were also well priced at the woodworking shows. I'm afraid none of this info helps if you are looking for them immediately.

P.s. I just went looking and wow, the price sure has gone up. I had done other things in the past like kerf and glue in my own piece of hardboard or use something like this.

minisplitter2.jpgminisplitter1.jpg
    Last edited by glenn bradley; 10-14-2015 at 8:31 AM.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

If you mean the splitters then Whitney can help you.

csq@carbideprocessors.com
    800 346-8274

10% extra discount for Creekers
    I'm a Creeker, yes I m.
    I fries my bacon in a wooden pan.

Tom,
    Thanks!
    Problem is the shipping plus the cost comes out so close to the price of a whole new jig I might was well go that route.
    Or just junk the MJ Splitter all together - which at this point is what I'm really leaning towards doing.

Question Rich, do you like the MJ Splitter, if so why junk it? Aren't the inserts $8.95 from MicroJig and free shipping? The entire jig is $25 plus $2.00 shipping

I am considering getting the Steel pro one. I have the original and have had some issues using it but believe the Steel Pro will solve those issues.
    George

George,
    I like it well enough, but, it's nothing a piece of paint stirring stick can't do for a whole lot less money!

Well - ended up having to bite the bullet and call Micro Jig and order a set from them for $8.95 w/no shipping charges.
    Should be here in 5 days or so.

I'm just guessing, but, they will probably just stick them in an envelope and mail them.

Sort of steep for a couple piece of plastic,,,,but,,,it's my own fault I have to get them.

(I dropped the ZCI & splitter on the floor & tromped on it with my big clumsey feet )

@ Vince, Didn't mean to leave you out..
    Peachtree didn't show them as a separate item online. They also charge ~ $6 for shipping.
    Last edited by Rich Engelhardt; 10-15-2015 at 10:42 AM.

I have a microjig splitter that I never used. PM me with your address and it's yours.

Carl

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Engelhardt View Post
    Other than direct from MicroJig?
    Or, do I just have to go ahead and order from them?

I'd like to see if anyone is cheaper - but - if I have to spring $8.95 for a set of two, then I guess I have to.

Carl,
    Thank you for the generous offer!
    I'm all set for the time being though. I ordered a set this morning from Micro Jig & they should be here in a few days.