Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: turning pallet wood

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Iwamoto View Post
    +1 on this! Look for "HT" (Heat Treated) on the side of the pallet. This means that the pallet wood itself was not sprayed with insecticides to treat for insects, which does allow shipping. This, however, does NOT mean that it could have been sprayed after, or carrying a load of stuff you don't want to inhale...... Be careful!

http://www.1001pallets.com/pallet-safety/
    I know the voices in my head aren't real but boy do they come up with some good ideas !
    People discuss my art and pretend to understand as if it were necessary to understand, when it's simply necessary to love. - Claude Monet

It can be trash and/or treasure. Generally, they use stuff that has more knots and 'defects' in it, so you may end up with a lot of irregular grain. Other than nails, which can be ring shank or spiral, the price is right, and you never know what you will find.

robo hippy

thank you for all the input!�� I certainly appreciate it! I'm happy to know I'm not the only one that looks at pallets for the oddities, & not just the nails. They can be some work, but I strip them with a circular saw. Get the best I can get, & the rest goes to the dump. I'll keep looking, & working at it. Thanks again!!!