Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: If you have a lot of screws(I mean a lot) - how do you store them?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Adamsen View Post
    Partition filled drawers.
    Bill, Very nice! I want to do something similar. What is your source for the bins?

Thanks, Brian
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

My drawer for screws/nails is a horrible mess. I need to do something about it soon!

It's said to be motivational to express your goals to another party. ..So I'd say you're headed in the right direction.

Actually, I heard the exact opposite. There's a school of thought that announcing the goal evokes approval from an audience that satiates the need to actually pursue the goal. Instead it's supposed to be better to announce intention without a goal (instead of "I'm running the NY marathon", say "I'm going to get in better shape".)

I think I just heard that on a Ted Talk or some podcast.
    I'm now motivated to go find out where I heard that. Aw, forget it. I'm going to get a donut instead.
    Last edited by Prashun Patel; 10-21-2015 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prashun Patel View Post
    Actually, I heard the exact opposite. There's a school of thought that announcing the goal evokes approval from an audience that satiates the need to actually pursue the goal. Instead it's supposed to be better to announce intention without a goal (instead of "I'm running the NY marathon", say "I'm going to get in better shape".)

I think I just heard that on a Ted Talk or some podcast.
    I'm now motivated to go find out where I heard that. Aw, forget it. I'm going to get a donut instead.

Mmm, donuts.
    -- Homer Simpson
    Chuck Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Taylor View Post
    Mmm, donuts.
    -- Homer Simpson
    Personally I prefer Homer's other quote - "Mmmmm, BEER"
    I Pledge Allegiance to This Flag, And If That Bothers You Well That's Too Bad - Aaron Tippin

Actually, I heard the exact opposite. There's a school of thought that announcing the goal evokes approval from an audience that satiates the need to actually pursue the goal.
    Interesting ... Of course, the test will be when Wesley reports back as to whether he did it or not.

Meanwhile, sounds great, Wesley. Go for it !

I like the Talenti gelato jar solution.
    Wow, Prashun. That's a lot of gelato.

I made mdf dividers on multiple drawers I built in a wall hanging cabinet. Allows me significant screw, bolt, and nut storage.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

I tend to buy in bulk. Just today, I needed 8 #10 2-inch machine bolts so I bought 100 of them, just on the off-chance that I'll need them again and won't have to run to the hardware store. I've taken to hoarding glass spaghetti jars, I shelved an interior wall between the studs and I can have all of the jars lined up and labeled so I know what I have and what I need. Growing up, my dad just had plastic jars filled with every kind of screw and bolt and it drove me crazy because I'd have to hunt for things. I just buy boxes and dump them into jars and stick them on the wall.

I like the Durham drawers Glen Bradley has, and Harbor Freight used to sell a version of them, but now I can only find them on Amazon.

I build these for nails, screws, etc.:

NailsScrews.jpg

Storage.jpg

Lornie

I picked up some of the Durham cabinets from Zorotools last year on their Black Friday sale. Free shipping and I think 30% off.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Dowell View Post
    EUREKA! That's it! That's precisely what I was thinking in my pea-sized mind! Where did you get all thoselittle red dishes?
    You can get them directly. http://www.schallercorporation.com/plastic-boxes/