Thread: Festool Kapex blade options??

Festool Kapex blade options??

Looking for sources for high quality blades to fit the Kapex? Festool lists it as a 260 mm diameter, with a 30 mm bore. That make it 10.25" which means a 10" blade may leave an uncut corner at the fence/table interface. I would like a precise long lasting blade, not an "el cheapo good enough" blade, and expect to pay a fair price for the quality. So, anyone run something other than the Leitz blade that it comes with?, Which is a bit mediocre in my experience.
    I have heard there is adjustment in the saw head to make a 10" work, but the saw is onsite, and I am not able to be onsite to look.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by peter gagliardi View Post
    Looking for sources for high quality blades to fit the Kapex? Festool lists it as a 260 mm diameter, with a 30 mm bore. That make it 10.25" which means a 10" blade may leave an uncut corner at the fence/table interface. I would like a precise long lasting blade, not an "el cheapo good enough" blade, and expect to pay a fair price for the quality. So, anyone run something other than the Leitz blade that it comes with?, Which is a bit mediocre in my experience.
    I have heard there is adjustment in the saw head to make a 10" work, but the saw is onsite, and I am not able to be onsite to look.
    Thanks
    I just put on a Tenryu on my Kapex. I did quite a bit of research on different blades for this saw as I'm getting tired of the expense of the Festool blade. I cannot comment
    on the longevity of the blade, but the noise reduction and quality of cut is unreal. I swear I have a different saw. This blade has resin filled vibration slots so that is why it is
    so quiet. Thrilled with this blade so far, paid $87.00 TMD.
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. My desk is a work station.

Harvey, thanks for the pointer. I was sure I searched here and didn't find, but maybe it was on the FOG forum now that I remember.
    Jeff, good to hear about the Tenryu, but I read somewhere- probably on the FOG forum again that cuts were great, but it caught and threw small pieces??
    Where did you buy?

http://www.infinitytools.com/10-Mite...010%2D280%2E1/

Infinity will bore the hole out for you to the appropriate size. Love mine.

Quote Originally Posted by peter gagliardi View Post
    I read somewhere- probably on the FOG forum again that cuts were great, but it caught and threw small pieces??
    Where did you buy?
    That's scary! Didn't see that.

http://www.carbideprocessors.com/sil...nryu-sl-26072/
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. My desk is a work station.