Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Replacement Lenses?

Question Replacement Lenses?

I've got a lense or two I need to replace on my Trotecs. I love Trotec, but they charge an arm and a leg for these things. Does anyone have a supplier they could suggest for a direct replacement for a 2.5" trotec lens? I'd like it to be 100% compatible if possible.
    Trotec Speedy 400 120w, Trotec Speedy 300 80w
    Thunderlaser Mars-130 with EFR 130w tube
    Signature Rotary Engravers (2)
    Epson F6070 Large Format Printer, Geo Knight Air Heat Presses (2)

These folks have had good words sent their way from the forum

http://www.laserresearch.net/laser_engravers.asp

60% of OEM .
    Mark
    In the Great Northwest!

Trotec Speedy C25, Newing-Hall 350 (AMC I & HPGL), NH-CG-30 (Carbide Cutter Sharpener)
    Sawgrass 400 Gel Ink Printer, CS5, 5/9/x6 CorelDraw

Keith, call iivi (pronounced 2-6) if I typed it right http://www.iiviinfrared.com

I think I paid about $120 for a lens. It's just the lens, not the holder, and it's the people who make them for Trotec.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Winter View Post
    I've got a lense or two I need to replace on my Trotecs. I love Trotec, but they charge an arm and a leg for these things. Does anyone have a supplier they could suggest for a direct replacement for a 2.5" trotec lens? I'd like it to be 100% compatible if possible.
    Trotec is going to charge you for the lens and the holder, you only really need the lens. As Steve mentioned, II-VI is the place to go for lenses. The one that came with my Speedy 400 was in a II-VI box. I also found a lens holder on ebay for $48 and mounted one of the spare lenses I had laying around so now I have a 2.5" and a 1.5" lens.

Regardless of where you bought the lens, you should check the focus as it will likely vary from lens to lens.

II-VI every time....one of the three foremost laser optical manufacturers in the world.

II-VI
    RMI
    Zeiss
    You did what !

Thanks so much everyone! We had a couple accidents this month I, was dreading buying more. $120 + $35 I can swallow. What do you attach them to the holder with? And suggestions on anything that will dissolve the glue currently on there withwith?

Keith

i burned a couple myself.. My understanding is they are glued in with industrial crazy glue. I suspect soaking in nail polish remover would be a good start.. Haven't tried it yet myself but have been wanting to.
    Gwieke 1290-100W,
    Trotec Speedy 400 - 80W
    Corel Draw X4

Drop it in some acetone and let it soak for a little while. You'll be able to push it out with your fingers if it doesn't fall out after that. We used the gel super glue to attach the new lens. It's been working fine for about 2 years now.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Thank you!

I saw these guys linked on another thread on here: http://www.lightobject.com/Lens-Mirror-C16.aspx

Should I avoid them and stick to iiv?

I don't know whether they're good or not but I respect those who have recommended II VI. That's where I'd go if I needed my first replacement lens in 19 years.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

II-VI every time... not so sure..

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sheldrake View Post
    II-VI every time....one of the three foremost laser optical manufacturers in the world.

II-VI
    RMI
    Zeiss
    I am on my third lens from these guys in my 60 watt the company Epilog uses and within 4-5 months of cutting the lens gets light in the middle like the finish has dissipated and cuts like crap. Now before we go with the exhaust and lens cleaning I have 2 lasers same exact hookup so it points to the manufacture. Epilog warranted the first one. Lens on the left new lens on the right second replacement lens. So 2 lens in a row same machine within 8 months time. I have ran these machines together for 4 years cutting wood 8-10 hours a day 6 days a week and in the last 8 months lens issues from this company not sure if they had a bad batch but look for yourself.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Craig Matheny
    Anaheim, Ca
    45 watt Epilog Laser, 60 watt Epilog Laser,
    Plasma Cutter, MiG Welder
    Rikon 70-100 Lathe
    Shop Smith V510, To many hand Tools and
    Universal Repair Kit (1- Hammer and 1- Roll of Duck Tape)

I'm sure a bad batch is possible but I know nothing about the process so that's just a guess.

I am curious how often you clean your lenses and what criterion do you use to determine when it's time to clean them?

I think it if it were me, under the same circumstances (8-10 hours a day*6 days a week) I would have several sets of lenses/holders and swap them out twice at least twice a day, I can't imagine that they would go much longer than than without getting dirty, at least dirty enough to cause damage.

Just my -unsolicited- opinion, and worth every penny you paid for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Hair View Post
    I'm sure a bad batch is possible but I know nothing about the process so that's just a guess.

I am curious how often you clean your lenses and what criterion do you use to determine when it's time to clean them?

I think it if it were me, under the same circumstances (8-10 hours a day*6 days a week) I would have several sets of lenses/holders and swap them out twice at least twice a day, I can't imagine that they would go much longer than than without getting dirty, at least dirty enough to cause damage.

Just my -unsolicited- opinion, and worth every penny you paid for it!
    Remember in my first post 2 exact setups one lens issue on one machine other one is fine as a matter a fact I think that lens is going on 20 months. We clean them twice a day along with the mirrors removal and complete clean 2x week.
    This is not a cleaning issue the machine might not look the cleanest but the items that count are spotless.

The only reason I responded to this is that they obviously have some bad lenses. Did you look at the picture? THese lasers use to run 12 hours a day 7 days a week at a theme park in the elements and 90+ degree heat in summer never a lens issue ate tubes up due to the heat but cost of business.
    Craig Matheny
    Anaheim, Ca
    45 watt Epilog Laser, 60 watt Epilog Laser,
    Plasma Cutter, MiG Welder
    Rikon 70-100 Lathe
    Shop Smith V510, To many hand Tools and
    Universal Repair Kit (1- Hammer and 1- Roll of Duck Tape)

If you have 2 identical machines and one eats lenses and the other doesn't I would look at the machine setup, there must be a difference between them
    Trotec Speedy 300 50W
    Gantry CNC Router/Engraver
    Various softwares
    Always keen to try something new

Please don't steal - the government hates competition