Thread: Traveling to Totally Turning

Traveling to Totally Turning

Say that 10 times fast! I just got off the phone with the people at the hotel, and my money is sent in. The accusation has been made in the past, and is entirely true, that I have never been to a symposium before. So, I am going. It might not be a highfalutin' affair like a national symposium (and maybe it will!) but I am going to find out for myself. I will be alone. SWMBO and the family are staying home in case bad guys want to come and (try to) steal my Poolewood, but all that means is I don't have to worry about staying out late and shooting the proverbial breeze with fellow turners.

Anyone else here going? I will be the large handsome fellow with a well developed, but somewhat diminished turning muscle.

Bill

I may be making a day trip over to Albany - I'll look for ya, if I make it.

I'll wear my Sawmill Creek hat.
    Wood is Good!
    Greetings from The Green Mountain State!

Kurt

Bill,
    I'll be there with another Poolewood owner as well. I've enjoyed the show for the last two years and I'm sure it will be great this years as well. I'm at the Crowne Plaza. It sounds High Falutin but it is pretty reasonable considering the quality.
    John
    I could cry for the time I've wasted, but thats a waste of time and tears.

Any Creekers interested in a small wood exchange with the stiplulation that pics must be posted of the finished result? I'd like to be a part of that. I've got a couple of nice maple burls that would look good in some peoples hands.

Smile

Sure Bill you go this year !! I made the trip all the way from Idaho last year but did you show no! Actually i was in Ithaca visiting family last year and just happened to coinside with the symposium. I planed to stay over nite for both sat. and sun. but the seminars i wanted to attend were full so i only spent the day saturday and drove back to Ithaca that evening. Sure wish i could be there this year but other commitments prevent that (work) darn it! So you fellas enjoy and i will be thinking of you. What are the dates this year by the way? Bud
    Bud Duffy Punkinhook Ranch

Bud,
    It is October 15 and 16.

http://www.totallyturning.com/

Bill,

John Shuk and I plan to attend. I have attended the past two years and returned with sooooooo much good information and a whole lot of new 'turning buddies.' As a fairly 'new' turner, I look forward to meeting with you, talking turning, and maybe some tips on my favorite lathe-the Poolewood, Euro 2000. Who knows, we might even be registered at the same hotel? Be looking for ya!

Matt

Hi guys

I will be sure to look for you there, at least those of you planning on being there!

John, I would be sleeping in the truck if it had a cap. I have reservations for the Sleep Inn, although I am going to look around for a flea bag that is not too bad for being clean or expensive.

Matt, if you are going with John you will probably be at the Ritz there, right? I will look forward to meeting another Poolewood owner. We have got to stick together up there you know!

To anyone else, you can look for me (I stand out in a crowd) roaming about, or from time to time I will be stationing myself at the Talisi Hardwoods booth to try and help Gary sell a few DVDs.

Bill