Thread: Older PM table saw, any advice?

Older PM table saw, any advice?

Hello, Sorry if this is not the right place to post this. I have been looking for a table saw for awhile now. Was thinking about buying new (Bosch 4100-9), but just saw this today on Craigslist http://sd.craigslist.org/tls/5280188803.html I do not know anything about it other than it is an older PM 10" contractor's saw. I assume it is the model 63 Artison one but not positive. I plan on looking at it in the morning since it is here in my hometown. Is there anything I should keep in mind when checking it out? FYI, I have never owned a table saw, but have used them many times. I figure it's time to own my own. I plan on using a TS more for hobby and around the house use. Is right tilt a deal breaker in your opinion? Appreciate any advice.

John
    Last edited by John Jussel; 10-22-2015 at 10:18 PM.

I have an older model 62 that's a really good saw too. There's some chance it could be that model. The biggest trouble with contractors saws is poor dust collection possibilities.

Right tilt is not at all a deal breaker. I've been using a right tilt saw for years and have never wished I had my old left tilt saw instead.

That seems like a good deal on a nice saw for what you plan to do. There are a number of "what to look for when buying a used table saw" threads on here. Use the google search at the top right and you should find what to look for (bearings, belt, motor, flatness, etc). I don't know of anything in particular to look at on that specific saw.

Good luck!