Thread: Shop Fox Classic Fence on Contractor Saw?

Shop Fox Classic Fence on Contractor Saw?

Bought a like new S.F Classic fence and rails last night for a good price. I refurbish old table saws as a "Hobby" (make about $5 per hr.) and usually build Biese. Home Shop clones for the contractor saws. Once in a while, I find a Unisaw to freshen up. Have a couple Craftsman contractors in the shop waiting for attention right now. My question, is the S.F. a bit of overkill on the Craftsman's and should I keep it for a larger saw?? I am sure there are some out there on contractors saws so what's your feelings.
    Dick

I'm all for a good fence on a table saw. I'm not a craftsman fan. Part of their problem is their fences. With that said the cl marketing for contractor saws here is you buy the fence and the saw is free.

I have Biese clones (shop made) on both my Delta CS. Sold the one that was on old C-man for more than what I was offered for complete saw. Gave the saw away, with stock fence.

I have the Shop Fox Classic on my Grizz 0444Z. Great fence.
    Bill
    On the other hand, I still have five fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Brown View Post
    Bought a like new S.F Classic fence and rails last night for a good price. I refurbish old table saws as a "Hobby" (make about $5 per hr.) and usually build Biese. Home Shop clones for the contractor saws. Once in a while, I find a Unisaw to freshen up. Have a couple Craftsman contractors in the shop waiting for attention right now. My question, is the S.F. a bit of overkill on the Craftsman's and should I keep it for a larger saw?? I am sure there are some out there on contractors saws so what's your feelings.
    Dick
    do you have plans you wouldn't mind sharing? I bought a new bandsaw and wold like to build a fence for it. it all looks pretty simple other then i'm not sure how the cam lock setup should be made

[QUOTE=cody michael;2484382]do you have plans you wouldn't mind sharing? I bought a new bandsaw and wold like to build a fence for it. it all looks pretty simple other then i'm not sure how the cam lock setup should be made[/Q
    Google shop made / home made biese fence