Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grand house up for auction

Grand house up for auction

If you have a few million you can bid on it. I worked on it for 8 yrs in total..Four yrs as the cabinet maker, doors, window seats anything with raised panels. The Japanese Shoji, bed & other cabinets. I don't take credit for it all but most of the fine wood working...Mostly made from Mahogany. Kitchen cabinets are Jotba & the cabinets int the carriage house are Purple Heart....It was fun doing it because my wife & I designed the woodwork & the owner gave us free rein. Shame it's a auction.....I come here & look at everyone else work...well here you go...
    https://vimeo.com/decaro/review/140809124/418df7d18c
    Last edited by Jay Jolliffe; 10-25-2015 at 5:11 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Jolliffe View Post
    If you have a few million you can bid on it. I worked on it for 8 yrs in total..Four yrs as the cabinet maker, doors, window seats anything with raised panels. The Japanese Shoji, bed & other cabinets. I don't take credit for it all but most of the fine wood working...Mostly made from Mahogany. Kitchen cabinets are Jotba & the cabinets int the carriage house are Purple Heart....It was fun doing it because my wife & I designed the woodwork & the owner gave us free rein. Shame it's a auction.....I come here & look at everyone else work...well here you go...
    https://vimeo.com/decaro/review/140809124/418df7d18c
    Spectacular house and even more spectacular location and view. Who is the owner and why the auction? Its a no reserve auction, so probably no debt on the home.

The house is owned by John Blin...Wants out ...over 10 million into the house. I became the caretaker after working on it for 3 1/3 yrs . Creeping bad health forced me to resign.

I. Cannot. Imagine...

I can't even imagine living like that. My word...I wouldn't even be able to afford visiting that place. Very, very nice.
    I am never wrong.

Well...I thought I was wrong once...but I was mistaken.

ah, pocket change...

surprised that the art is included in the deal. owner must really need to unload the property.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

I don't like the primitive exterior design but there is a lot of good work there. That organic style is,to me, organic in the same sense as Steve McQueen's movie "The Blob". Seems like all of those "money is no object" houses are not lived in for long before there is no money to live there. My favorite feature is the garden bridge,and I love that color. The house will be hard to sell because of its design but WILL sell because of good work by talented craftsmen.

Jay,

Your work is fabulous. It must have been nice to work without a budget for a person that appreciated it.

One Powerball!.

Website says Bidders need $50 Grand just to register for the auction . Taxes are over $25 Grand. Either 14 or 18 acres, Not sure which. Nice place, but how do they deal with septic systems on that Island ? Just dump it in the Atlantic? Is it well water ? How are they heating the properties on that Island ?

No dumping in the Atlantic. There are strict rules here. It has 3 wells, 1 for the house & 2 for the garden. The house has 2 lg boilers that are oil. It also has 40,000 gal under ground water tanks that are feed by one of the wells for a fire hydrant. Everything has to be delivered by a ferry.....

Please let us know how the auction turns out!!!!

Stephen King should be notified.

Wow, what an estate. Not exactly the auction (had woodworking tools) I went to yesterday where the house and property sold for $38k!

You should be proud of your work!

Quote Originally Posted by Harold Burrell View Post
    I. Cannot. Imagine...

I can't even imagine living like that. My word...I wouldn't even be able to afford visiting that place. Very, very nice.

I would offer to take you, Harold, but my private helicopter is in the shop this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Jolliffe View Post
    The house is owned by John Blin...Wants out ...over 10 million into the house. I became the caretaker after working on it for 3 1/3 yrs . Creeping bad health forced me to resign.
    The view is certainly one of a kind and the home is exceptional. I don't know the area, but I could see a home like this going for $15-18 million in a warmer climate with that view. I'm just not sure if it will fetch that in Maine. I'm going to guess $8 million max after looking at comparables on Zillow. http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1-...09758659_zpid/