Thread: Anybody use the Williams forseair counterflow electric wall furnace

Anybody use the Williams forseair counterflow electric wall furnace

I need to put heat in my shop and was looking at this from Home Depot. My shop is 30 X 16 with r13 in the walls and r19 in the cieling on a slab. It is detached at 125' from the house. I have a sub panel with plenty of room for more breakers. No access to gas or propane and a heat pump is out of the question. Anybody have any thoughts. This has become my full time gig, so I will be out there all day every day.

A mini split will pay for itself very quickly. Watch for a hotel / motel remodel and buy a used thru the wall unit.

Well I ordered the heater today. Should be here next week. When I get it hooked up I'll let you know how it does.

I have a 24 X 28 shop that is insulated about like yours. My heater is an electric resistance heater like the one you are buying. It is 240VAC and is rated at 12,500 btu. The one you ordered is 31,400 btu if it is the model I saw on the HD website. My heater is adequate but marginal when the temperature drops to near zero. Based on my experience, I would say your heater will do the job nicely. I will warn you that resistance heating is expensive. If you keep it comfortable out there 24 hours a day, you are going to have an electric bill in the hundreds of dollars per month for that alone.