Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: untimely death of a dear friend - hard to understand

Unhappy untimely death of a dear friend - hard to understand

A 40 year old man died this past weekend who was 1 of 2 people I have known in my life that where as SOLID as a rock. His word meant something. He ALWAYS took the high ground, and stood up for what was right. I never saw or knew of a single time that he backed away from anything or anyone just because it would have been easier than what he knew was right and should be. He had complications from surgery and died. Literally overnight after surgery.
    Much yet I don't know, but an autopsy is being done now.

He was a father to two girls of his own and a step dad to a teenage boy that he struggled to make grow up right and proper. Foster parents to 3 small kids. I had the privilege of he and I becoming very close and feel honored that he was my friend and I was his. When we first met he was my boss and we quickly became much more. He's irreplaceable to many that knew him.

And yet there are untold numbers of men still living that are at the opposite end of the scale of honor and so forth. His wife and I both talked briefly today when she called me to tell me about the funeral arrangements and wanting me to be a pallbearer for him. She told me she didn't really know how she felt. But, she said; "I am mad! I don't understand...." to which I interrupted her and said "why him, being the man he was when so many others deserve to not be here" "Exactly!" she replied

I am the real life Mr. Spoke. I try to understand the workings of things (mechanic in me), the how's and whys and this just don't make sense.
    Don't really expect anyone to provide the answer I suppose, just needed to get it off my chest.

Thanks for listening.......
    Universal Laser ILS 12.150D (48"x24") 135 watts total, with 60 watt and 75 watt laser cartridges. Class 4 Module (pass thru ability). Photograv 3.0, Corel X6, Adobe Design Standard CS4 Suite, Engrave Lab laser Version 8, Melco Single Head Comercial Embroidery Machine, The Magic Touch System with Oki C711WT printer, and Graphtec CE6000-60 plotter.

Mike - sorry to hear of the loss of your friend.
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend and it being all of a sudden is hard. I hope someone says something as nice about me when I'm gone. You were obviously a good friend to him as well.

Very sorry for your loss Mike.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Mike,
    So sorry for the loss of your friend. Prayers for the surviving family and friends.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Sorry for the loss of a friend and good person. The Lord has plans for him to bring more good. Deepest sympathy to the family he left behind.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend! My thoughts and prayers to his friends and family.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I am very sorry for the loss of your friend. If I could have given my life for him to live I would have.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "You don't have to give birth to someone to have a family." (Sandra Bullock)

I'm very sorry to hear about your friend. He sounds like a man I would like to have known.
    Fred

Mike, I am sorry for this terrible loss.

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    My condolences Mike. Sudden loss of life is tragic and difficult to understand. I know that your good friend had a good friend.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Your tribute to him will be seen and remembered by many and some will emulate his example. Sometimes it's difficult to be a pallbearer for a close friend. If you think you would be better off as a mourner with no duty in the service...decline. His family will understand.

I am sorry that you lost your friend.
    Don't forget the struggle Don't forget the streets

Real friends are hard to find. My condolences.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Condolences.

"enjoy every sandwich"