Thread: My dream table saw setup is coming together & cool outfeed table adjustment system

My dream table saw setup is coming together & cool outfeed table adjustment system

I now have my sawstop all set up facing my SCMI slider, and I have a nice outfeed table between them. Here are some pics. All the detritus in the background will be dealt with soon enough.
    20151106_170207_1024.jpg
    20151106_170322_1024.jpg
    20151106_170353_1024.jpg
    The outfeed table started out as a 4'x8' solid core door I got from the ReStore. I laminated a slick PVC plastic on the top and cut it down to size. It is attached to the rear rails of the saw as follows. The rails have holes every 8". In installed threaded inserts into the bottom of the outfeed table to match up with the holes in the rails.
    I put in long bolts from the bottom with a nut above and below the rail. This way, I can precisely adjust the alignment of the outfeed with the saw tops, and adjust for warp in the table.
    I have not yet cut the clearance slots for the miter slots.
    Also, that is not my final dust collector- I have a big cyclone I will be setting up, but this is a stopgap that I have laying around.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow,

That's pretty special.

I don't have space for both but i often wonder what i will do with my ICS when i purchase a slider. I got it for such a dela i would have a real hard time parting with it.

You'r dream setup is also mine!

Big sliders like this show up from time to time for $1000 - $1500 or so, or less. They are huge monsters and are all 3phase, so many do not want them. I love mine! I have a big ol' barn for my shop, so I do have a decent amount of room.

The floor in this part of the barn is two layers of rough sawn white oak. Very charming, but very uneven. I made up a base with 8 levellers for the sawstop. The SCMI is sitting on 2 big oak timbers and leveled with wedges. I have a homemade rotary converter running the SCMI.
    Last edited by Lynn Kasdorf; 11-06-2015 at 9:11 PM.

This is just cool. We're all envious, btw.

Thanks-
    Now my biggest problem is sorting through all my random wood and organizing it. Currently my massive collection of stuff is keeping me from doing anything.

I like the adjustment arrangement you have for leveling the outfeed table to the saw... I need to do that with mine. Can I borrow that idea??
    Now that's funny right there... I don't care who you are...
    (Larry the Cable Guy)

Any tool can be the right tool
    (Red Green)

Sure- that's why I posted it. I'll have to charge a royalty payment though
    I did mess up one of them by driving the bolt from the bottom too far into the insert- and it caused the top to bulge up. Oops.
    My SCMI didn't have a rail on the back at all, so I made one from a piece of 2 1/2" steel angle iron. It has worked well so far.