Thread: Sunday's free book from Forgotten Books

Sunday's free book from Forgotten Books

I'm a Creeker, yes I m.
    I fries my bacon in a wooden pan.

Thanks Tom!

Thanks so much Tom. Have it downloading now.

Thanks for this. I enjoyed it so much to start with that I splurged and ordered the paperback book off Amazon for $13.57. It says it's a 600 page book.

copied and pasted from a preface on another book in that series, written in 1906 on teaching woodworking by hands on:
    Ill response lo oft-repeated requests from many earnest students of child life, who are ever alert to the advantaires to lie derived from the systematizing of natural aptitude, Tplace this text-hook of simple woodwork, )ased on Froehelian ideals, hefore my fellow teachers and the puhlic jfenerally. Years of earnest thou ;iit have heeu devoted to the evolution of an occupation, untrammelled hy convention, yet at once simple, natural, fascinating, and educationally effective, capable of being made the hub of co-ordination, and of being expoimded by every thoughtful teacher, without undue studv and preparation. The scheme is designed to cultivate the active and creative instincts; to give practice in failure and success; to test the ability to concentrate the mind whilst doing a definite thing; to )rovide means of comnnmication between the teacher and the child, whereby the latter can render observant information, from which the teacher can impart more exact knowledge; to open up an avenue of research for the student of child life, and to give to the teacheifull scope for individualism in the attainment of educational ideals. The Suggestions for the consideration of Teachers recently issued by the Board of lilducation although distinctly stated to be of a tentative character is a clear sign of impending changes. It is an official blast which scnmds the clarion notes of a new era. The bridging over of the fatal gap which now exists, will be an accomplished fact in the neai future.