Thread: Grex 850 nailer opinions

Grex 850 nailer opinions

I want to round out my nailers. I have a PC 15 gauge which I like and a Grex 23 nailer which I love. I've been reading reviews online about the Grex 850 and they have been mixed with some complaining of jamming and poor quality, but others love it. Grex's 23 gauge generally receives universal praise in reviews, but not their 18 gauge.

If you have experience with the Grex 850gb, what do you think about it and would you buy it again? Thanks.

Don't expect the 1850GB to be as good as the P6xx pinners even though they both appear to be made by the same company, I think Zim.

At least it is better than the previous Grex 18ga, which was horrible. It was called the 1850 and seems to have nothing in common with the 1850GB.

Can't rely on a brand name meaning anything. Looks like Grex just had everything come together on the P6xx pinners.

I think you mean the Grex 1850GB. If you were closer to Kentucky you could borrow mine. I own three 18 gauge nailers and of the three it is the last one used. It's my lender nailer. Nothing like the 23 gauge pin nailer. Had to fix the seals once after very light use. The first one I reach for is a Makita.

Looks like Grex just had everything come together on the P6xx pinners.
    That about sums things up - according to what I've read.
    I forget who it was that had a Grex 15 ga nailer on closeout for $99 a few years ago.
    I jumped all over it and ordered one before they sold out - thinking - Wow! a Grex for half price!

Then after a day or so, I thought maybe I should take a look around and see what people thought of them.

The result was pretty bleak.
    People praised the P6XX and mostly had nothing but scorn for all the other Grex products.

I've been lucky with mine and it's worked fine - - so far...

I wouldn't press thing though and order another Grex (other than a 23 ga).
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Thanks everyone. I think I'll skip their 18 ga. and go with Bostich's Smart 18 ga.