Thread: Akeda Jig

Akeda Jig

Yes there has been a lot of dicussion about this particular model and how it compares to others. I'm not going to debate it although I bought one and I love it.

Even more so now since shortly after my first real use, I detected a problem of lack of clearance between the guide rail and the fingers. And now for my gloat ...

Talk about good -- not good, GREAT customer relations, I e-mailed the president of the company, Kevan Lear, got a personal reply within 24 hours. Replacement jig is on the way, no questions asked, no hassle --- only excellent customer service.

The company makes a geat product, and backs it up with excellent tech support and outstanding customer service. Don't I wish that all companies from which I have purchased equipment have that level of quality customer service.

Kevin is a sharp fellow...'glad you had the chance to talk with him and get your situation rectified. The Akeda is a good product.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Now that's great news, Jerry and quite timely, as well. Just got mine a couple days ago and only today did I have a few moments to even take it out of the box! Just got done mounting it on the board, though it may be a few days before I "officially" try it out, as LOML has "plans" for me for the next four days. (Something to do with our 25th wedding anniversary and nonsense like that! ) Anyhow, glad to hear that, if I do run into a problem, a resolution should be near at hand. Great to know the company stands behind their product like that!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!