Thread: Bessey Revo Jr Black Friday Sale

Question Bessey Revo Jr Black Friday Sale

Rockler is advertising these clamps for $179.99 and includes a free Bessey hydraulic stool (2@18", 2@24", and 2@36"). I've read they're not as great as the original Revo's but do an acceptable job. I see HomeDepot has the original Bessey Revo's for about $35 each. I'll be doing a lot of cabinetry work this next year and am wondering if I should go for the Revo Jr to get some free stools or stick with the original Revo's because the Jr's are not great for cabinetry work. Hopefully somebody has some experience with these.

I got Carbide Processors to price match Home Depot on a bunch of REVOs. Got free shipping and saved the sales tax for anyone interested. Also many Home Depots accept Harbor Freights 20% off one item coupons, so you can buy one clamp at a time using a coupon each time for 20% off.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

Thanks for the tip.

Any Revo / Revo Jr users care to chime in on whether it'd be worth buying the Revo Jr package and getting the free stool from Rockler or getting the original Revo? I've never used either so have no idea how they compare.

I have 8 REVOs ranging from 24, 31, 40" and like them a lot. I also have the Jet and like them too. Woodcraft, International Tool Corp and some other online retailers will have these Jet clamps at 50% in the next few days. Last year I got 8 of the 12" since that's the only size I did not have from Amce Tools with no tax and free shipping. Hope this helps.
    Mike

My understanding is the Jr.'s are as good and the original Bessy K-body clamps.

I am on Rockler's website and the price shows as $216 and the pack with the stool at $304.
    Last edited by George Bokros; 11-25-2015 at 7:11 AM.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

Jorgies are on sale at Menards. $23 for 24" parallel.

FYI - Rockler will have the clamps with stool for $179.99. Thats a pretty good discount from their list price which is why I just want to make sure the JR's are a good clamp and worth buying. They are first come first serve so I'd plan to get there early if you want them.

I guess I'll have to look at the Jet's and see what the better deal is.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip Byrd View Post
    Man, yet another reason to wish that there was a Menards around here. sigh....
    It came to pass...
    "Curiosity is the ultimate power tool." - Roy Underhill
    The road IS the destination.

thanks Chip. Going to head to Menards and get as many as possible. Can never have enough clamps in a cabinet shop

Quote Originally Posted by Chip Byrd View Post

Amazon doesn't have that great of reviews on these ... are these good or just so so?