Thread: My work station

My work station

Here is my Custom Combo Table that I finished in December 2011 it has the following functions
    <1> Stockroom supply 24” sander on left side.
    <2> Craftsman 10” Contractors saw in Middle.
    <3> Lighted Enclosed Router Table Porta Cable 7539 Router
    <4> Custom dust collection with individual homemade blast gates. I also have parts for overhead dust collection for saw blade guard and router fence. Just haven’t installed it yet.
    <5>Total storage 17 drawers 90% heavy roller slides scarfed from trash.
    <6> Incra TS-32 Fence setup
    <7>Charging Station for my cordless tools.
    <8< Whole cabinet is on lockable rollers in order to be able to move it around when needed.
    This took me 2 years from time of conception until completion I Finally got the time to work on it. The top was made from an old conference room table that was being thrown in the trash 1.5” thick Laminate both sides. Cabinet is ¾” Burch Plywood with Maple face frame using pocket hole joinery. I still have to install some T-Track and Stain the cabinet (Notice the protective coating in cabinet door panes).

2012-03-06_08-46-11_626.jpg2012-03-06_08-45-58_88.jpg2012-03-06_08-46-56_703.jpg2012-03-06_08-47-12_181.jpg2012-03-06_08-48-12_755.jpg

Neat idea for a small shop. Quite a bit of function packed in there.

Blog Entries
    Very cool custom rig for your TS and RT.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

That's a sweet setup. A lot of thought and work went into it.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Thats is a versatile tool center. I like the blast gates. Tell us about the sander, is it shop made, how do you use it?
    Bill

" You are a square peg in a square hole, and we need to twist you to make you fit. " My boss

Sander came as a kit from Stockroom supply at the woodworking show I bought the soft rubber hold-downs for long material but for short stock you don't need them. kit comes with drum mounting bearings and pulleys and instructions. It does a great job sanding door fronts and flattening small warps.

http://stockroomsupply.ca/shop/drum-...works-kit.html

http://stockroomsupply.ca/shop/feather-wheels.html

Nice multiple use work station.

I have some old tops from a large desk unit, that I am saving till I figure out the best use .

How about a simple 1/8 Masonite overlay for the whole unit so you can assemble and stain on it?
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.