Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 25th Wedding Annv. Super-Gloat

Thumbs up

Congrats John. Hope you like your gift but like was said the susoense is killing me. SPILL IT.

LOML and I will have our 25 on Oct. 03.

In 2022

Randy
    Randy

Don't worry abuot tommorrow, it may never arrive
    Don't fret over yesterdays mistake, you can't undo them
    Just live today the best you can.

Congratulations to you and the loyl!!!! That's really great!!!!

As everyone else, you have my curiosity up.

Ernie

I spent a bit of time with John today.

He did look rather pleased with his 25th anniversary present.

My first clue was that our normally articulate friend kept stuttering, and most of the phrases that he uttered were punctuated with “bub bub bubbs”. Believe me, sentences were beyond him.

Also, there was the eye rolling, and the focus(?) of his eyes on some distant place that must exist somewhere above his shop ceiling, because that was where he kept looking when his head lolled back, he put his hand to his heart, and breathing deeply, his face would break into an eerie and definitely ecstatic grin.

Finally, I delivered him to some people who will able to take care of him through the next leg of his journey.

Before I left him though, I lashed one end of a stout cord through his belt, and the other end through a large spatula. I pinned a note on his shirt that reads:

“If I am on the ceiling too long, please turn me over.”

That way, hopefully he won’t burn one side against the LIGHT.

Fellow ‘Creekers, as so many of us have experienced, John K. Miliunas is a very vital, loving, and giving man. I join all of you in wishing John and his wife Jill, a Happy 25th!

Congrats. Do tell us of the gift you have alluded to.
    Alan Turner
    Philadelphia Furniture Workshop

John, Congratulations on you and your wife's 25th anniversary. My wife and I will be having our 37th on January 17th 2006. I hope you both have many more congratulations to come.
    Life Sure Is Great! Enjoy It.

Sounds like John is in for a ride of the lifetime-- Hope he enjoys the car!
    Jerry

John

Congratulations on your 25th Wedding Anniversary.

Since you are teasing fellow creekers, it probably has to do with woodworking.

YOu already told us that it is not a tool, but could it be some quality one on one time with a Master woodworker?
    Last edited by Joe Mioux; 09-02-2005 at 9:47 PM.

Congrats on the anniversary, John! Seems like a few Creekers got hitched around the same time. The Missus and I had our third anniversary August 31.
    Pat

Congrats to you and your wife, John!!! It certainly is a milestone in this day and age. My wife and I have been together for 28 as of 8/05/05.
    There's another thread on the woodworking forum about someone visiting someone, and several of us are guessing it is you. Are we right????? Jim.

Coming up on number 23 myself.

But....

Still waiting for the darn license to expire.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Hoyt

Still waiting for the darn license to expire.
    WHAT!!!! They have an expiration date!!!!!!

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

Karl, they really don't expire. No, they just turn in to a gold card. Comming up on 33 here.

OK guys. First of all, many, MANY thanks for all the good wishes on our 25th. The LOML wanted it to be very special, so she decided to give me something I've been wishing for the last year+. I am writing this to you from the home of none other than, Mr. Mark Singer! Yes, that's in CA!!!! Jill decided, for whatever reason that, we see each other day in and day out every day. The 25 years together, have already been special, just being able to have that time together. In her book, this was to be something I could take with me for the next 25 years. In the meantime, she and our youngest are headed over to see my step-daughter and kids. She knows that I'd be bored to tears, while she enjoys doing that, so it's a win-win situation for both of us.

As to my trip, I can't hardly describe the first day (Friday), because as Frank put it, even though the plane landed in CA, I was still hovering somewhere around 30K feet! I'll have a full report and pics once I get back and settled in at home, so you can probably be looking for further details long about Wednesday.

In the meantime, I'm going to go get changed, as Mark & I have further work to do on some certain doors sitting in his shop! (Wow! A vacation, which includes making sawdust!!!) Man, it just don't get any better than this!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

WOW! What a surprise. You'd better take care of Jill. She's one special lady.

I envy you getting the chance to visit with the Singers. And getting to work on a project that Mark is doing is a plus [cheap labor eh, Mark?].

I don't think I'd be able to do anything for fear of messing up, unless Mark wanted a bunch of little sticks and sawdust, of course.

Can hardly wait to hear all about the trip and your take on SoCal.

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

Sounds Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrfect!

Bruce