Thread: Corel Draw letter bleed

Corel Draw letter bleed

Hi everyone,

Its been a long time since I posted anything here because I sold my old laser 2 years ago, and just received my new Shenhui 100W 9060!

Anyways, I'm trying to find a way to avoid this problem I'm having. Whenever I write text with corel draw, and the letter intersect, that intersecting part turns to white (as you can see in the picture).

bleeding letters.jpg

The problem is, this intersection will not engrave on the laser and the text will look awful. If you don't convert the text to curves in CD, you don't see it, but when I export the file to my laser (RDWorks), it shows the bleed.

I couldn't find any old posts about this, because I frankly didn't know what to search for exactly, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Mohammed
    Shenhui 9060 100W reci tube, CorelDraw X7

3D Printers:

Ultimaker 2
    Micro 3D
    Delta

Without a macro, you will have to: convert to curve -> break apart ->weld (the outside lines of the letters) -> trim (with the insides of the letters). This should get you lines without overlap. The last trim isn't necessary if you color them white. Hope this helps a bit!
    Henri Sallinen
    Cardboard designer with a Epilog Helix 24 60w + Gunnar Matboard Cutter + Heidelberg Windmill letterpress

Great Thanks!

I think I got it to work.

Is there a special macro for this?

3D Printers:

Ultimaker 2
    Micro 3D
    Delta

Blog Entries
    Looks related to one of the bugs I submitted while beta testing X5... guess they didn't get it fixed.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

It looks like the overlapping of the individual letters. Select it. Under Arrange>Shaping>Weld. This will convert it curves and make it a single piece. One step.

Hope that helps.

Real Mercier
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 W
    Roland PNC1000
    CorelDraw X3
    FlexiSign 7.6

Great, Thanks a lot Real Mercier, Makes it much easier that way!

Mohammed

3D Printers:

Ultimaker 2
    Micro 3D
    Delta

Hi Mohammed,
    Having a chinese laser, as opposed to a western machine, the “fill” function will not do the trick unfortunately. You will need to either do the weld function after having converted to curves, as mentioned above, and then “manually” join any “joints” that have not snapped together properly, or you could use “break apart”, remove the unwanted section and then join up as desired. I am attaching an image of a joint that has not snapped together or jointed correctly. You will have to drag it apart slightly and then drop them back together and it will join properly. If these are not joined properly then the chinese machines will not fill the image correctly.
    Screen Shot 2015-12-04 at 07.25.50.png

Kind Regards, John
    60w EFI 6090 & 100w Z4 Reci 6090 G Weike Lasers, 4 X 4 CNC Router
    CLTT using Oki C822dn & Adkins Press
    Glass Sandblasting, Woodwork Shop, etc...
    V Carve Pro v8 & Photo V Carve, Lasercut 5.3, Corel Draw 2017 on Windows 7 and iMac (via Parallels), etc

Quote Originally Posted by Real Mercier View Post
    It looks like the overlapping of the individual letters. Select it. Under Arrange>Shaping>Weld. This will convert it curves and make it a single piece. One step.

Hope that helps.

Real Mercier
    Nice! This helps A LOT Thank you!
    Henri Sallinen
    Cardboard designer with a Epilog Helix 24 60w + Gunnar Matboard Cutter + Heidelberg Windmill letterpress